1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Skid Steers for Snow Removal/ Blowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PetalsandPines, Jul 27, 2004.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Anyone use a mini-skid steer (dingo, ramrod. bobcat, thomas) for snow removal operations?? I am considering purchasing a Thomas Stand on Mini for commercial sidewalks with the snow blower attachment. Commercial property has about 3/4 mile of sidwewalks, it is a tracked model....any thoughts?
  2. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I witnessed a guy using a ramrod with like 5 foot plow on it or something similar....if u decide to get one, your in a for a long, slow, chilly ride...will really push some snow however...at like 2mph
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2004
  3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

used a kanga with a 4' plow to do some drives when the bronco went down, plenty of pushing power, but like said above it was verry slow and cold... the ability to put some downpressure on the blade helped too
  4. lotsoflights

lotsoflights Member

The problem is that the plows on a utv or atv are manual turn left and right. I looked at the Polaris UTV 4x4 and really liked it but if you need to turn the blade you need to stop get out..get cold and turn the blade. They do not make a snowblower for those types of units. I was then looking at a Holder...$$$4 I think I like the Toolcat from Bobcat. If does a little of everything that I'm looking for. Does anyone else have any ideas what to use? I would like to be able to have at least two people in the cab..heated..plow that turns from the cab or use a snowblower attachment..maybe even hook up a tailgate sander...