1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mini skid steer gallery......

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by tread lightly services, Dec 31, 2012.

1. tread lightly services

tread lightly services Member

post pics of your mini skid steers here. tracked or wheeled.

2. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Ramrod Taskmaster 800

CIMG0007.JPG

CIMG0098.JPG

CIMG0099.JPG

SAM_0676.JPG

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Team Ramrod!

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

team ramrod

untitled1.png

5. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Man I loved that thing, useful for countless jobs!

6. iamhere

iamhere Senior Member
    from Tn

Here are some of a job I did at the start of last summer

010.jpg

007.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Digging out for a "preppers" bunker?

8. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Love the thread! Mini's are such useful little engines.

My favorite attachment for our machine is the back-hoe. Makes it easy to dig in B and B trees, footers for retaining walls, and other general digging use that you need a mini ex for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Burkartsplow

How is the dry well you installed working out. I need to put one in my backyard?

10. White Gardens

It's works pretty good, but this project wasn't necessarily for water mitigation in the back yard. This well is actually part of a downspout routing system I installed for a customer. All 4 downspouts were routed to the basin. It fills up quickly and was just put in place to help slow the water down so that all the water coming from the downspouts didn't create a washout and to also allow the plumbing to drain out completely after a storm.

There is actually a pop-up I installed on top of the basin for the water to exit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  11. Burkartsplow

Thanks for the pic. I am going to put in 2 in my back yard as the original drain tile that ran through the back of all the yards is junk. I am thinking 2 with a diameter of 4 foot whole with stone around each unit will mitigate the standing water I have at the far back. Pics to come next spring.

12. White Gardens

That would probably do the trick then. I did goof with this one I installed and didn't use fabric and stone around it, but for what it is, it should go about 15 years or better before it needs cleaned out as it will eventually also fill with junk from the roof.

You could also put a couple of short runs of drain tile running the the dry wells to help catch more water laterally if you need to.

13. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Those flo well ones are ok for really small ones but i usually use drywell block and a concrete lid for gutters and sometimes step up to precast set with a machine.

Wrapping the well in filter fabric as well as lining the hole with filter fabric is the best way to do it. Then fill between them with drainage stone

14. tread lightly services

i also have the backhoe attachment and love it. #1 attachment for a mini skid,
    followed damn close by the snowblower attachment.

15. tread lightly services

love the ramrod with the painted to match orange bobcat rims!

still think bobcat missed the mark when they decided to not pursue a wheeled mini skid loader.

as for the tracked machines, they are on thier 3rd re-design and still have not got it right, but getting closer.:mechanic:

16. iamhere

iamhere Senior Member
    from Tn

Nope, bellow grade workshop/garage. Took a weekend of Dingo work but we got it done. My client and I poured a 4" slab in Sept. and he's been reinforcing the walls with CMU and rebar. I'm going to be digging out the rest of that bay to the left of that post during my spring break. He already has most of his tools and stuff in there. He also formed out a mechanic's pit but I doubt it will ever be put in.

17. White Gardens

I so want a blower, but can never justify the cost of one for as little as it would probably get used. It's a tool that would get utilized maybe once every 5 years when we get the big snows and I use it for sidewalks.

If you are talking about the tracked mini's, they are almost there. Vermeer and Ditch Witch are finally doing a Triangular track design getting the sprocket out of the dirt along with minimizing pavement chatter which is the worst.

I've tried the S800TX but feel its just a bit too big of a machine for what I need. It's a bit heavy and a bit wide. I'm waiting until Vermeer re-designs the S650TX to the better track system and might upgrade then.

I'd go with a Ditch Witch and their comparable machine and new track design, but the dealer is over an hour away and the Vermeer dealer is 15 minutes.

18. sea ox

sea ox Junior Member
    from NJ

Doing some hurricane clean up. Boxer 526 diesel.

boxer.jpg

boxer2.jpg

19. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

These machines are handy as hell!!! The only drawback for me is the combination of operating it, and holding myself on it tends to KILL my back..... I'll keep my fatass in the regular skid and leave the mini work to the young backs on the crew!!!

20. White Gardens

I think that's what I like about my Vermeer, it has a wrap around design with pads to help keep you in place and the handle is easy to grab onto.

I'm more of a stand type of guy with my back. I seem to have more back problems after being in a sitting position. I even run a stand up mower and it seems to help my back.