1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mini pro wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bcp, Dec 4, 2005.

1. bcp

bcp Junior Member

finally got around to building them, tried them out today! They work great! I plow 37 apartment buildings, mostly sidewalks and some 10 car lots. I do need to get some different rubber for the flaps, but overall they worked great.www.thecreationlocation.com/plow.html ok how do I get the picture to work on here?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

SWEET! I'm envious! I have some small spots I could really use that thing in... so what is the new width? Bout 6.5' or so? Do they come off pretty easy for a deep or wet snow that is harder to push? They don't look "mini" to me! Look big on that beast! Nice "ride" now ya need to build a heated cab next!

3. bcp

bcp Junior Member

they remove with 3 pins just like the pro wings. New width is 6'4" but the real advantage is how much it keeps the snow from trailing off. I plowed 5" this morning and had no problem with the weight. :bluebounc

4. danno

danno Senior Member

They look great ! Is there a hole in the moldboard just like the prowings ? You should make`em for the big rigs !:salute:

5. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

sweet! Thats alot of blade for a machine of that weight... but if it works :drinkup: git r done! :nod:

6. bcp

bcp Junior Member

yes 1 hole for each wing through the blade and 2 pins on the sides. The machine has a 800cc engine and weighs in at 1450 pounds when set up. Enough weight to handle the blade and get into trouble:)

7. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have been thinking about doing the samething on my ATV plows. But I was thinking about making them out of metal.

BCP, could you post a couple pics of how they mount on the blade?? What did you make them out of?? Thanks alot...

8. bcp

bcp Junior Member

They are 1/4" steel. With rubber bottom flaps. I will take a few more close up pics tomorrow.