1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mini-pro 575

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

how do you take the motor out of this unit. i see that it is easier to take the trans and motor together but it wont come out is there a trick
  2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Drill the rivits. There are 2 very small bolts holding motor to trans. VERY VERY tight tolerances. We had to bend the housing to get motor out, then bend back.

Motor will run you a couple hundred bucks! Good Luck
  3. Scenic Lawnscape

what about having it rebuilt??
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

if the magnets are cracked or the unit is full of gunk then a replacement is probably necessary.
  5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I've cleaned some pretty nasty gunk & brought motors back to life. I always thought a rebuild consisted of replacing the magnets & brushes? Do they just replace the brushes & clean for a rebuild? Now I'm curious. Glad to see this thread, mine's still new enough not to worry yet. But its good to know what to do if the time comes.
  6. Scenic Lawnscape

if that is the case iss it easy to open up and clean out and replace the brushes and magnets??
  7. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

When mine quit working, I took it to a local re-build shop. They said it was toast. They re-build a lot of motors so I guess they knew their business. Perhaps this was just my case. Mine was rusted pretty bad. Moisture (and salt i'm sure) got into spreader housing somehow. Possible from top, under spinner while washing off.

I tried to find a replacement motor from other manufactures. No luck. Sucks but the new one is going strong.