1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mini pro 575 question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RCSIndiana, Oct 10, 2010.

1. RCSIndiana

RCSIndiana Junior Member

Has anyone ever rebuilt a transmission on a mini pro 575? I bought a spreader that has sat around for awhile and the bearings in the transmission were seized. I oiled everything and broke it loose but it doesnt feel right. So, If anyone has any expertise on this I would love to hear it. Thanks

2. RCSIndiana

RCSIndiana Junior Member

I just wanted to update my post in case anyone else ever runs into this. The transmission or gear box is rebuildable if you just need new bearings. I removed the spinner shaft and got the old bearings to press out. I went to a local bearing supplier and got new ones for 32 bucks.The gears were fine. I installed the new bearings and it all works great. Sure beats 300 for a new one. Alot of the snow ex tail gate spreaders run the same transmission or a similar style.If anyone wants to attempt this in the future than just shoot me a pm and I will walk you through it.