1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Pinnacle VS Whelen Responder LP?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by APLC, Oct 26, 2011.

1. APLC

APLC Senior Member

:help:looking to purchase one of these light bars this week. I have read great things about the (mini pin) and the price is fantastic. Now I know the (Whelen) light also looks good and has had good reviews and light output + its WHELEN, but also is $76.00 more then the (mini pin). And i dont want to pay just for a name, I would like to stay around $300 or less. I also plan on ordering from strobes and more and show some support to the Plowsite vendors. any help will do thanks is advance ussmileyflag

2. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

I have friends who are volunteer fire fighters, and seeing both bars durin the day and at night has made ne a firm believer in the whelen over the pinnacle. It's amazing. Hope I can help.

3. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Thanks was hopeing that someone has seen them in the daylight thank you. Anyone eles?

4. H&HPropertyMait

That being said, however, if you're on a budget the pinnacle is an amazing bar for the money, you'd be happy with it. the difference isn't that great.

5. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I am choosing for a lightbar right now too and I like the responder with the clear lens but ti has to be a perm mount for easy changing of the pattern, thats a downfall to me

6. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Also I dont really care for the amber dome, I was a little upset the blue and red have clear but amber doesn't

7. H&HPropertyMait

They should have clear, my buddy has one that is amber. Were looking for the same thing.

8. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Just saw a you tube vid demonstrating the lights features on the Offsound mini pin. This thing looks awesome! Does anyone know if you can dim the brightness? I know that it's good to have it bright but sometimes pulling into a driveway at 3am I don't need to light up th e whole neighborhood.

9. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

ultra strobe has the led highlighter for 209

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, turn it off.

11. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

EXACTLY...:drinkup:

12. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Love the sarcasm, but I'm not an idiot man. I've seen some that have 2 levels of brightness. Just wondering If this model has that feature.

13. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Wasn't trying to be sarcastic. My last truck had a full size whelen edge and hideaways, when id go to certain places id turn everything off and just put my hazards on for when id back out of the drive. I've personally never heard of a dim setting but interesting idea.

14. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Yeah this one I saw had 2 settings on it. Don't know the brand and it wasn't anything fancy. Im torn between the whelen and soundoff. Both seem real nice. Anything is better than what I got now.

15. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

16. firefighter4418

firefighter4418 Junior Member

i got a pinnacle and i love the bar nice and bright and the price was good to sure beats my old dual rotator that i used to run

17. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

i recently sold a whelen mini liberty that had hi/low power.. it was a nice feature.. the pinnacles look nice, but i'm running a whelen mini liberty now half white/half amber and it's ridiculous. i love it

18. APLC

APLC Senior Member

well I went with the Whelen Responder, ordered it from Strobes And More this afternoon, will post my review of the light in day and night as soon as it gets here :nod:

19. H&HPropertyMait

Axixtech falcon, F86 thats what im buying, Fleetsafety.com give it a look, i've done a lot of research and thats what im buying

20. APLC

APLC Senior Member

It does look like a great light I already went with the clear dome Amber Whelen Responder mag mount from strobes and more for $299+ free shipping