1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Pinnacle question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Bmegaplow, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Bmegaplow

Bmegaplow Junior Member

Does anyone know how many wires are inside the cord of the magnetic mount model? Question because i want to extend the length of the cord and need to know if i can splice those wires?

2. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

3, they are the same as the perm mount ones. They have a power/red ground/black and one that switches the patterns. Usually white.

3. Bmegaplow

Bmegaplow Junior Member

So if i cut and splice them, they should still operate normally from the switch?

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yes, there is a ground power and patter wire.

5. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

Yup you will be good to go. If you mess up the cig lighter end you can use any on off switch. pick a pattern you like and tape that one off

6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

i bought the mag mount units so i can use the cig lighter switch. i took the cig adapter apart and flush mounted the switch from the end of that onto an aluminum panel. i made a 3 wire extension harness that goes from under the dash and sill plates up the back of the cab and through the 3rd brake light housing up to the bar. really simple. this way you dont have to find another 3 way momentary switch.