1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Pinnacle owners.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JaimeG, Nov 9, 2011.

1. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Could someone make a night video of how the light projects onto surroundings, like walls and other cars, etc. I've seen a video of the Whelen Responder and it looks pretty bright on a wall about 30ft away, and appears to light up part of a neighborhood nicely. I just want to compare before ordering. Thanks in advance.

2. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Interesting request..... I don't have a video for ya but I can tell that the Mini Pinn is one of the best lights I've had. Super bright at night!

3. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  4. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Thanks, but I'm looking for a video of the Mini Pinnacle.

5. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

I'm just curious as to what the purpose of this is? Are you trying to reduce the amount of light it puts off to eliminate waking customers or is it the opposite to try and iluminate the area?

6. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Not trying to illuminate the area, just trying to see how intense the brightness is. (more is better) I can't really tell just by watching the leds, IMO what I'm asking to see is a better measure of brightness.

7. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

If I were you, I would just search Youtube. There's plenty of videos on there on both the Whelen Responder LP and the Mini Pinnacle. Both are great light bars and you cannot go wrong. Just stay away from the Responder CON3.

In my opinion they are both equally as bright. The only real difference is size. The Responder is a little bigger because it has larger light heads mounted in it, meaning that it can be seen from a farther distance becasue it has a larger light footprint.

Again, both are awesome products and similarly priced. It really just comes down to the looks.

8. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I might just go with the Mini Pinnacle because of the price.

Where do you guys route your wires into the cab?

9. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

It depends if you're willing to drill holes or not. You can:
    - Drill a hole in the roof *cringe* and run the wires straight down
    - Remove the third brake light and run the wires down into the truck through the third brake light and down the A or C pillar.
    - Run the wires down through a window (not a good method, but works)
    - Run the wires behind the cab and in through the vent behind the driver's seat or passenger's seat on the rear wall.

10. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

The Mini Pinnacle came in today (thanks StrobesNMore). Its brighter than I expected! It's great, but I wish the magnets were adjustable so they don't hit the ribs on the roof, and I'm going to have to cut the cord and splice a couple more feet of wire so that I can stick them through a grommet behind the cab and hide them. I'm putting some type of connector on the splice so that I can take the bar off and leave the cord hidden and ready for next time.