1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mini loaders for snow removal

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by fisherthebest, Sep 1, 2009.

1. fisherthebest

fisherthebest Junior Member

does anyone use mini loaders

2. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Yes lots of people use mini end loaders. Search old posts and you will find plenty of info on how well they work.

3. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

i started using JD 244 j 4 years ago and have 4 of them now. plow great in tight areas and have enough guts to make long runs. best of both world. have any questions??

4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I had the Volvo L35. Like lawnkale's 244 j, they are great machines for there size. No complaints here.

5. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

How do you feel they compare to a small machine like a 570 Case (580 without the hoe option)? The cost is about the same...Curious as we have never tried the compact loader segment. Always was curious if the have the grunt of the backhoe style machine. The 570 is 12000lbs with loaded tires and about 80 hp. We use a hyd containment plow from Horst on them with good results but the benefit of articulation in a loader has always been attractive. What do you guys thnk?

6. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

This past January we picked up a new caterpillar 906. Great machine, love it. We use a 10 foot pusher, works great. Very good speed. We have the optional high speed gear for traveling between jobs which is nice.

7. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I ran a Takeuchi TW65 last winter from another business owner from my snow removal and loved it! I was very very impressed. Had a lot of power for the size of the machine!

8. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

i sold my 570 this past winter to replace it with my 4th 244j The turning on the 244 is unmatched.

9. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

So which machine do you feel has the most pushing power? Thinking about 250+ ft pushes in 3 inches of snow accumulation. Wet an heavy of course....my concern is will the mini loader push as much? or more then the 570 case? Thanks.

Cheers Doug

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  10. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

11. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

12. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Hey ken.

I love the Arctic. I now have 4 of them. 3-10's and a new 12'.

But my homemade expanding box will clean just as good.

J.

13. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Did you decide to start selling you design yet? Shoot me some pictures, Id like to see it.

14. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member