1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mini light Bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Bartsnow 1, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Bartsnow 1

Bartsnow 1 Junior Member

This is my first post to the site. I am getting ready to set up my first my truck and was wondering what light bar would be the best i am looking at a whelen mini edge 9M or a lil Rebel mini. Any info would be great thanks.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I have the Mini edge with 6 strobes, 2 work lights, and 2 alley lights. I love it. Really bright!

3. Bartsnow 1

Bartsnow 1 Junior Member

Where did you get yours?

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Parr, I only paid a little over $600 with shipping, it must have been on sale when I got it, there $699 for the loaded ones.

http://www.parrpse.com/page42.html

Capture.jpg

I bought the "stud mounts" so I could put iton my back rack.

[​IMG]

Capture.jpg

5. ShadmorePlowing

ShadmorePlowing Junior Member

6. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

7. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

We're kind of partial to Star mini bars, but we're only 30 minutes from the factory and we buy them direct. (We use the magnet mount / quad flash strobes.) We have over a dozen of them on everything from pickup trucks to dump trucks to skid steers to back hoes and loaders. That said, we've had virtually no problems with them and some of them are approaching 10 years old. In fact, as hard as I try to talk the boss into something a bit more "modern", he keeps pointing to the reliability and saying "why?"

8. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

How are the back up lights do they have a lot of light

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Good question. There bright for sure. The only draw back is there obviously up higher. Which is great for overall distance and good illumination at the rear of the truck. However I wanted optimal lighting all around, hence why I added the other work lights to boost the immediate area as well as the overall distance.

10. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

Thanks for the info