1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mini light bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Green Grass, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I am currently looking for a Mini Light bar to go on top of my back rack. I am looking for a light bar that is thin and bright. Wondering what you guys are running and your thoughts on what you have.
    Thanks a Ton

2. outdoor1

outdoor1 Junior Member

the mini raptor from speed tech lights awesome bright and for the money i have them on all my fleet truck, never a problem:mechanic:

3. Green Grass

the STL Raptor?

4. outdoor1

outdoor1 Junior Member

its about 14" long 7" high ssits on our back racks duel colour blue/amber

5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I dont run any lighting, but if I were to run a mini bar I would do the Whelen Responder LP http://www.sirennet.com/whr2lpp.html or a Federal Signal Highlighter http://www.ilfireandpoliceequip.com...-Sirens-amp-Parts/Lightbars/HighLighter-c109/ or a Sound Off Pinacle http://ledguy.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74_130&products_id=401 and if your willing to really drop a dollar or two Federal Signal Mini Legend http://www.lonestarpse.com/fesi24mileli.html - Please stay away from Speed Tech Lighting they are the worst. You get what you pay for.

6. outdoor1

outdoor1 Junior Member

so i guess you have had a problem with stl, please let me know maybe i have made a mistake buy for 25 plow trucks running 15 hours a day in -20 -35 conditions in a canadian winter running these lights for the past 2 years with out one problem, beating the whelen in price and brightness. maybe i made a mistake.:dizzy:

7. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

http://forums.libertypse.com/showthread.php?464-Speedtech-Lights

captain23
    View Profile
    View Forum Posts
    Private Message
    View Articles
    Newbie Join Date Feb 2010
    Posts 6
    Location Keyser, WV
    Profession freight conductor ff/emt
    I ordered 2 grille lights from them and a switchbox. Switchbox still works fine but the grille lights that were guaranteed 100% waterproof were ruined within 6 months from moisure and fried the wiring. Thats the last set of lights i ordered from them.

tcfd823
    View Profile
    View Forum Posts
    Private Message
    View Articles
    Member Join Date Dec 2009
    Posts 72
    Location Benton, Arkansas
    Profession VFF/FR
    Garage 2006 Chevrolet Silverado LS

their customer service is horrible, and their products are very cheaply made.

CBL-Tech
    View Profile
    View Forum Posts
    Private Message
    Visit Homepage
    View Articles
    Super Moderator
    Join Date Sep 2009
    Age 26
    Posts 487
    Location Merseyside, England, GB
    Profession Motorsport Marshal/Installer
    Garage Trooper

All I know about them is they have very bad reviews from people who have bought from them, IE lights stop working within a few hours of being taken out of the box. Leds burning out. Problems returning items and never getting refunds.

8. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

whelen responder with the linear 6 heads. very bright and great price

9. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I really like the Able2 Sho-Me Luminator mini-bar. I've got a few of them and I really like them. Very bright in the daylight, and they have a photo sensor to dim them down at night. And yes, they're that bright that they need to be dimmed at night. Expect to pay $400 for a mag mount.

10. Green Grass

Speed Tech is a member of BBB and has an A rating which is good in my book.

11. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I have never had any issues with Whelen brand, yeah they r costly but keep running in any weather! I happen to have an extra Edge mini for sale. Let me know if interested.

12. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Price shipprd to 58103?

13. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

BBB rating means nothing. All a company needs to do to get an A rating is pay dues... :rolleyes:

14. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

i have 2 STL mini led raptors for 2 and 3 years now , no probs whatsoever....very bright and priced right

15. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

Whelen Responder R2 w/LINZ6 lightheads. Very bright. I got lucky and picked mine up a couple weeks ago at an auction for $200. :yow!:

16. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Sound off Signal, mini pinnacle. EPL7000. super bright, 28 flash patterns. I like it.

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Federal Signal Mini Legend. Mine's awesome.