1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Light Bar Wanted.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by White Gardens, Nov 25, 2010.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I'm looking for a mini light bar to put on my main plow truck.

I already have hideaway strobes in the front parking lights, and strobes in the rear. I want to put a light bar on for just a bit more visibility when I need it during busy days.

Thanks.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I have to dig it out of a box, but I have an older Federal Signal Turbo Beam, the 22" version. It has a cigarette lighter plug on it, but no magnets, easy to wire as permanent mount.

$75?

3. White Gardens

Thanks, let me look into that style of light and I'll let you know tonight.

Thanks for the reply.

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

federal signal highlighter LED from a sponsor here (ultra strobe) for $200 brand new! can't beat that deal IMO

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Sure thing. It basically looks like this, 400 flashes per minute, 9 amp draw.

[​IMG]

6. White Gardens

So in my reasearch and figuring out what I want to do, I think that I'm going to try and get a couple of flashing LED strips instead of the light bar.

Thanks anyway JohnnyU. That's a great price for that mini light bar. I think I need to go lower profile though as it will be on my cab-over section of the dump bed and I want to make it permanent.

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

No Problem!

Keep an eye out for a thread about a Central Illinois Get Together. I ran into Mike (snocrete) and we were talking about having another one if you'd be interested in coming.

8. White Gardens

Sweet, that sounds pretty cool. Any excuse to get out of the house is good for me.

Send me a PM if you guys get something together and I don't see the thread.