1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mini led light bar

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by M&A Property Maintenance, Dec 5, 2006.

1. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

2. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

We' ve got one on one of the trucks. Its an ok bar, you get what you pay for. But for the money and the amount of light that you get for the amount of amps that it draws, it does ok. Would I buy one again, don't think so.

3. M&A Property Maintenance

so, is it bright??

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

my strobe bar was 175.00 and 10 times brighter than this LED bar. If you want an LED bar, try Code 3 or Whelen. They are the leaders in the technology! In my opinion, compared to other LED bars, this thing isnt bright at all! Talk to Eyesell, he has a Whelen LED lightbar, and he will tell you the same thing as me!

5. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

if you guys want a led bar, you have to get the whelen liberty mini bar. there leds are the brightest on the market. Same leds as in the talon if youve ever seen one. REALLY BRIGHT. nothing on the market compairs to them. I might be getting one from a friend who deals fire equip.

6. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

7. profire73

profire73 Member

I also use one of them and for the money I like it and have not had any complaints about not being seen. Then again, if I had the budget I would buy a light bar that had the GENIII LED's in it. To me, I don't care about who makes it, as long as it does what it is supposed to and they offer a warrenty for atleast 2 years.

8. M&A Property Maintenance

so you had one of these and compared the 2 to get these results??

9. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

10. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

idk about that one, but its funny reading this tho, Use of a magnetic mount on vehicle in motion will violate warranty. so whats the purpose of the magnets lol, if you not moving you could just rest it on top lol

11. M&A Property Maintenance

12. jersey250

jersey250 Member

13. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

14. M&A Property Maintenance

15. spittincobra01

thanks MFIGGS, do you know how many jewels (not sure on spelling) it is?

Jersey250, do you know anyone with one, and if so how well does it work? how bright?

16. M&A Property Maintenance

not sure how many joules, but i can check when i get home and let you know tomorrow

17. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, I actually have. I bought one last year as a back-up light and because I got it pretty cheap and damn, no comparison to my strobe bar.

Mystic, the Sho-Me Luminator is brighter than the other bar, but still not as bright as the Whelen's. Would make a good purchase though! :salute:

18. spittincobra01

Mysticlandscape,

I hope it's a good one, but I'll let you know for sure in a week or so... I just ordered it this afternoon. http://sirennet.com/ab12-1224-000.html

I made several calls and talked to about 8 different dealers and they told me it is as brite as a whelen strobe bar, and the light can be seen slightly farther away. I hope popular opinion with them will be to my benefit. I'll tell you this, calling able 2/show me was useless. they read word for word what is on thier website, and had no additional info.

19. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

I ordered one to, should be here in around a week hopfully.

20. spittincobra01

who did you order from? Sirennet told me they won't get them in from the manufacturer till the 22nd, and they would ship them out to customers the same day. I have mine coming 2 day air so I expect it the day after christmas