1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Excavator with snowblower?????

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 4x4Farmer, Feb 2, 2010.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Ok, so I wish I had my camera with me. Yesterday when I was on the interstate I saw a bobcat mini excavator with a snowblower attached to it where the dozer blade would go and the whole boom had been removed. It looked to be around maybe a 430 in size. Only saw it as we met on the interstate and he was going the other direction. Just curious if anyone had seen this before? Do those little excavaors have a large enough hyd pump to run a blower, and wouldent it be kinda slow? I guess for deep snow it wouldent be slow. Anyways it looked cool!!! It is a idea to turn something that is just sitting around in the winter, into a winter tool.

2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen the actual snowblower boom attachment tho...

panther_a1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Isnt the top speed on most mini ex's about 3 mph.... wow, a walkbehind would be more usefull :dizzy:

4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

thats what I thought to, but then I thought of the cab with heat and a radio, lol. Like I said I could see it in deep snow doing sidewalks or something, but you would defenitly need a tralier close by. The new bobcat ones go like 6mph I think. lol that would be a tiny bit better.