1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mini excavator dozer edge

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ADMSWELDING, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

A new edge i did for a customers 303C. 5/8"thk 6"wide 60"long.

PC311208.jpg

PC311207.jpg

PC311209.jpg

2. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Is that just tacked on or is that all you do?

3. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

That is a nice machine. If it still looks like that and it needs a new edge they must really take care of their equipment

4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good

5. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Nice job Billy - whose machine?

6. Winterized

Winterized Senior Member

Me too???
    It sure is a clean way to do it.

Never was fun using a carbon arc to get weld-ons off loader buckets though.

7. ADMSWELDING

The edge is tacked on in the photo.But it gets 2 passes across the top entire way across.And the backside/underneath gets fully welded.The machine buster is Cassidy Landscapings its got only 800 hrs on it, its a 2008. they bought it in PA.

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Why isnt the new cutting edge the full width of the blade?

9. ADMSWELDING

I left the blade 3/16" of a inch shorter on each end so i could get a good root pass into the side panel followed by 2 cover passes.So the blade is 3/8" shorter then the push board not a big deal.Better then having it snap off and the customer call unhappy.Then half to go fix for free.:eek:Also both ends are gusseted i will go snap a pic today of the finished blade,it has been painted blk. now but you,ll get a better view of whats going on.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I guess I'll need to see the finished pics......I wont argue welding techniques/methods, because thats obviously your specialty(i know just enough to be dangerous:D)...............but I know as an end user, I would want the edge flush.

11. ADMSWELDING

Don,t think 3/8" gonna make that big a difference in grading performance.Here,s the finish pic of the end.

P1111214.jpg

P1111215.jpg

12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That looks better than the other pic. Not trying to nit pick your job/method btw.

13. ADMSWELDING

No problem i like to hear what others feed back is.I don,t run equipment as often as i repair it.It,s good to know what alot of operators prefer thanks for the feed back.Thumbs Up

14. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Your welcome. Nice work btw.

15. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

My Bobcat mini has the cutting edge a little bit narrower that the blade, just for the reason you stated. I would rather have it welded right & strong than have to go back to repair it for free.

16. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Mine dosent and Its fine.

17. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good man. I took some welding classes this winter I'm learning...slooowly lol

18. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

excellent job! Why didnt they go with a reversable bolt on edge?

A lot of the guys around here use the blade as a battering ram with concrete and they get torn up pretty good.

19. ADMSWELDING

I have not seen a weld in adapter for these, for a reversible edge.I have just always cut off what was left and welded on a new pc.But that is a good idea someone should sell a kit to make these bolt on.

20. dooleycorp

dooleycorp Senior Member

looks beefy right way to go