1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mini edge or mini liberty?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by pkenn, Nov 4, 2008.

1. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

i have the chance to get either a mini edge with takedowns,comet flash corner strobes and two rear flashers,and two amber alley lights (all amber except for takedowns) or a clear mini liberty with amber leds. which woud you guys get?

2. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

oh i forgot, they are each $400

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Ditto to what Kyle said.

5. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

and where are these items available at ??

6. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

they are local guys selling them....BUT...i found the mini liberty for sale "new" for $425 yesterday. also they have the 55" LFL PATRIOT(4strobe) for $714 with mounting hardware. 8 strobeplus mounting hardware for $1040 (or 8 strobe,1 set of takedown lights and alley lights w/mounting hardware $1150) imight be able to get them cheaper...sound good?

7. OSLIGHTS

OSLIGHTS Member
    from Florida

Definitely go for the LED's. However, for the money, you are much better off going with the Whelen Responder.

8. ColliganLands

all those prices sound pretty good but i would still say go with leds they're more effiecent and a better quailty i think
    where in franklin are you?

9. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

yea i think i will....they also have a patriot led with i believe 16 leds for $1875...im not sure if thats good or not. im off union st.

10. ColliganLands

thats a little more than my bar which came with controls
    what type of truck is this going on?
    also you could give matt(BlueLineEnt) a call im sure he can hook you up with something

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  11. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

i think im going for the mini liberty....if i can figure out how to speed up or change the flash pattern. i also heard you can add leds to it i think

12. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

and its going on an f 250

13. ColliganLands

im not sure about adding leds to the mini liberty. definately a very good/bright light and your getting a good price on it. backrack or roof mount?
    send matt(bluelineent) a pm and he can let you know about adding the leds

14. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

its going on a back rack,but i think i have the wrong mounts...i bought mounts for an edge

15. ColliganLands

i just used the backrack mounts for mine. mae custom brackets to slide into the lightbar. they sell mini bar brackets or fullsize brackets right from backrack. theres pictures in that link of how mines on there.
    if you search on here for backrack or lightsetup i believe theres few threads with some pictures in them also.

16. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

what do you think?...clear lens/amber leds or amber leds/amber lens? does it matter either way?

17. BlueLine Ent

If you want it to be maximum brightness use clear lenses with amber LEDs. Putting a colored lens over a colored LED decreases the light's output. Also, libertys and patriots are all part of the edge family, and they all use the same feet and mounting options, so you may have bought the correct feet for the bar.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  18. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

just who i was going to pm......can i put a center led in the front and back of the liberty?

19. BlueLine Ent

Most likely you can, as long as it its a true mini liberty and not a micro liberty. You just need the heads and to do a little wiring reconfiguration.

20. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

mini and micro? i thought they only had mini:dizzy: