1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Edge On A Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dmjr77, May 4, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello! I am actively looking for another truck. I have looked at several crew cabs and extended cabs. I was wondering has anyone installed a mini edge on the roof of a crew cab since it has the roof ribs?
    Thank You
  2. You can do it

I did it on mine, you just have to set it at the rear of the cab to avoid the roof ribs. It doesn't look that bad. Mine is a mag mount. I use the factory wire for the roof light for power on a quick disconnect. That, however, is only available on trucks with snowplow prep. Good luck.
  3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have the plow prep package and was also thinking of what's the best way to put a connector out the back for my plow light without a hole in the roof. I was thinking of a small pigtail out my 3rd break light. What type of connector, how to hide it, etc.... just thinking what would be the best. has any one come up with a slick idea? some type of small conector in the lense that is water proff or has a a rubber cover would be nice...........
  4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

YAZ................I use a 2 wire connector that I tuck up in the
    headliner when not in use. I have the other mounted to
    my magnetic beacon and just lead the beacon wire in thru
    the 3rd door jamb and plug in so no power is exposed to
    the weather.

There are some 3rd eye brake light beacon wire pics around
    here somewhere...........

For full VYU plow prep option details/pics/etc. check out http://www.gmupfitter.com publications pg.#27
    ...........geo :drinkup:
  5. I used a flat 4way trailer connector on my mini edge. It has a rubber cover that goes over the connectors when I take the lightbar off. Mine is mag mount. As stated here by others, you can run the wires out through the cab vent louvers in between the bed and the cab or there is a metal plug under the carpet in the rear of ext cabs and crew cabs that you can pop out for an excellent way of running wires in permanently.