1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Ducter info

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by xtreem3d, Dec 13, 2015.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Morning guys,
    I saw a post by Lapeer Landscape in the Airport/Muni section about a miniducter..I had no idea they made it but it's a must have for me. I am wanting to know if there are versions or options I should consider before buying one. Do they make different configurations of the heating ring to get into all possible area's?
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I have the mini ductor II (should be the most common/latest model) and the coil kit. The mini ductor came with a couple coils one that was like a shoe lace and you could wrap around something. We use it in place of a torch all the time, its great for trucks with air lines, brake calipers with rubber bushings, O2 sensors or places with wires near by. I also use it on plows with nylon lock nuts or the arctic sectional rubber blocks. You don't have to keep lighting the torch for every nut you heat and blow things out when they catch on fire. Check out some f the you tube videos on it and how it works. Any questions just ask.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

That's neat....

4. xtreem3d

I saw somewhere there may be a new model called VENOM ? Did you guys shop the MAX or PRO versions before deciding on the Miniductor? It's not clear as to how much more powerful the MAX is compared to the MINI. ( Also I am wanting to stay with 110V models)
    Thanks,
    Steve

5. xtreem3d

6. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I never even looked at any other brand. I have a good friend that's a mechanic and he's up on all the new/best tools and tech stuff so I just went with what he suggested.

7. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Take a look at Bolt Buster