1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mini bar ?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kmkalf, Oct 31, 2012.

1. kmkalf

kmkalf Junior Member

i'm about to pull the plug on a mini light bar i have it narrowed down to either the Axixtech MB30 or the EBAR360. Which one is brighter in your opinion and would be better suited for a chevy tahoe with roof rails/cargo bars? I really want to be noticed when i'm plowing to prevent getting hit as being bright during the day time. I'm not a professional- just gotta do my house and close friends/family. I would like to stay under the $200 mark since i don't see a penny from plowing
  2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

theyre both china crap ... buy a led beacon from able 2 ... $ 100 bucks made in missouri ...
  3. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

I would look for a used Wheelen or a Buyers Product Company mini bar in that price range.
  4. FSLC

FSLC Member
    from KC, Mo.

mini bar

That lightbar does seem like its pretty nice, but have you checked in to whelen mini bars? The responder is nice but its around $235.00. They also have the new century line. Here are some links.
    Century 11" $195.00
    Century 16" $225.00 its a little over your 200 mark but it is made in America. ussmileyflag
    Responder con3 $235.00

If i were to buy one of the two you listed I would most definately buy the EBAR360.
  5. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

First off Axixtech is generally not considered China Crap....

While I agree I was a bit weary of buying a Strobes N More bar I took the jump and I am more then satisfied with how it turned out.. In the video i was testing the LED hideaways i was installing...sorry for how smallthe video is, it was done with my iphone.

6. kmkalf

kmkalf Junior Member

looks like the whelen mc16ma is going to be the one for me. the raised height for the magnets will give visibility with my roof rack bars on my tahoe and for an american made product for a few dollars more is well worth it thanks
  7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

perfect choice .... great warrenty and the costumer service is great too .... all my bars have been whelen ... except one highlighter from FS ....
  8. FSLC

FSLC Member
    from KC, Mo.

Good choice!