1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mind of its own

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by jayfordman1, Jan 11, 2009.

1. jayfordman1

jayfordman1 Junior Member

I have a Curtis 3000 I bought last year. its aways worked pretty good. But two storms ago if i wanted to turn the plow left i had to bump it right first and so on. After a while it stooped turning all to gather. I checked every thing and decided that the valve must be BAD because the motor was running and the coils worked perfectly. I replaced it with a new valve and two new coils and it worked perfect until my last drive way when it started to acted up again. except now it will just stop turning completely and then start to work like noting wrong. its not the connection i have good ground and everything else works fine what could it be i know there is some kind of release valve could this be causing my problem thanks for your input.
  2. Stan MI

Stan MI Member

I can't help you with your problem but you might be able to help me. I'm having problems with my Curtis as well and I think I need to replace the lift coil on the valve. Can you tell me where you got yours ??
  3. jayfordman1

Tire place in Glastonbury ct (hallmark tire) i believe
  4. jayfordman1

Problem Fixed

I have finally found the solution to all of my Curtis electrical and hydraulic problems.
    After have the same trouble with my plow when i just bought the two hundred dollar valve that they told me i needed i was feeling a Little frustrated. I called Curtis and they offered me no help told me to buy another valve. And offered me no discount or trade for the one i had that was less than a week old. Later that day i was out plowing with my plow that wouldn't turn and it started to turn right during every movement except when i tryed to turn it. So if i was lifting the plow or putting down the jack it was constantly turning right and bogging down the whole system. So after about two hours of this it stooped complety i think the solenoid burnt out from the over amperage. So i plowed the town roads all the way back to my shop then proceeded to remove the pump, the houses, all the electrical but the lights and installed a fisher pump, valve, and cables to an old fashion joy stick control. And so far it has worked great. I have plowed three storms without any issues no electrical problems no hydraulic problems i tell it to turn right and it turns right it truly amazing. I know this is probably not the answer you were looking for for those of you still having trouble. But i have lost enough money trying to find there false. And i do think that Curtis is really good plow but i lucked in to one of there earlier ones still in need of refinement. Pulse i didn't cost me a thing i had all of the fisher stuff sitting on the shelf in my shop all i had to do was modify it to fit the serpentine belt and buy a longer belt. Plus it doesn't kill my battery and tax my alternator when i use it and there is never a lose connection. And when the summer comes i can put the factory belt back on and not run the pump all summer.wesport
  5. jayfordman1

Anyone who is still in need of parts i removed the whole pump and valve body and i will sell the whole thing for $150.00 plus shipping i live in Windham, CT 06256 The pump is good and i believe the valves are good i think the issues i was having are in the valve body it self but all the coils are good and i know all the valves but the turning valve are good for sure. the motor is good but could problem use a set of brushes. If interested let me know.
    I also have the old style single plug i am currently using it for my lights but will be changing shortly and will sell male and female for $45.00 i never had any issues with the plug it was always lubed and never corroded.