1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Milwaukee County Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Longae29, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

County Purchasing for a records building winning bidder

8' plow $39/hour
    9' plow $42/hour
    10' plow $45/hour
    skidsteer $46/hour
    sidewalk $29/hour
    hand salt $.18
    salt lots $.09

Wish I had been on the ball earlier, I could have gotten in on this sweet action!!!! payup payup

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

bahahahahahahaha

for that kind of money..............

I'm staying in bed.

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I mean seriously, come on.....why even be in business.

2nd lowest was
    50 8'
    55 9'
    65 10'
    50 skidsteer
    29 sidewalk
    .10 lb hand salt
    .04 salt drives

4. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

You can't be serious. How can you make any money on that:gunsfiring:. Some moron is going to be out there with a 10' plow on his Wrangler for those prices. Stuck, I might add.
    :realmad:

Sounds like they are opening themselves up for some shotty work and some lawsuits.

OOPS! I think I just slipped and fell. payup

5. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

That can't be for real. I have never seen prices like that.

6. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Yep Andy, and you now know what my prices are...

I don't know how guys do it for that. I didn't see the bid results, but the mmsd did a RFP for the building on jones island. One can only imagine it's about the same price3.

7. lbfmd

lbfmd Member

not just out there, just lost a 30 acre industrial park we've done for 5 years prices were about $10.00 per hour more then you listed. Backhoes were $65.00 per hr, 10 yd wheel loader with pushed was $65.00 per hr. I'll stay home and plow driveways before i start that crap.

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

the only thing i could see making money at is the sidewalks for $29.00 an hour...... i could hire someone for 15 and make another 14 for sittin home by da fireee:yow!:

9. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Here is a city Bid from '08
    Winning bidder per hour:
    plowing 48.99
    Skid 42.00
    Loader 47.00
    Dump Truck 55.00
    snow blower 11.00
    shoveling 10.00

Needless to say my numbers were at least twice that!

10. lbfmd

lbfmd Member

HOLY CRAP!! thats low

is it possible that they may pad the hours etc? or is it one of those cities that keeps a handle on that. Man how can anyone work at those prices.

11. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Bidding low and padding hours seems to be a common practice around here. I don't know if this specific company does it but as you said, how could they operate at these prices? This is why hourly bidding does not work. Reputable companies that bid hourly prices by what they need to make are getting crushed. I could easily play their game and bid $15/hr and bill for ten times the hours but for some reason I was brought up with ETHICS.