1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Millburn/Short Hills NJ Blizzard Videos 12/26/2010

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by ken643, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

2. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

NICE!! For a smaller plow vehicle that Jeep definately holds it's own!
  4. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

2004 Jeep Rubicon, I neved had to lock the axles, but I did for this storm and I went through everything. I was shocked myself.
  5. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

My Money Maker

Love this Jeep it goes through anything and everything

6. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

Love it! I have the same rig except in Silver and with a Meyers. Can't stop it is an understatement. And +1 on the lockers. I was doing some of the plowing with just my rear locked up and no 4 wheel drive needed with this past storm.

Any chance that you've done the locker mod to it? http://stu-offroad.com/electrical/rubi1/rubi1-1.htm

Works awsome and has gotten me out of a ton of iffy spots.
  7. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Yes I did the mod that allows you to lock axles in High Range ;) works well as I found out, Also have Blizzack snows, they really are the best for snow and ice
  8. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Wow very nice video's
  9. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks Very much, I love the camera and it works well for this.
  10. BMB Plowing

BMB Plowing Senior Member

awesome videos!
    I'm surprised you don't get in trouble for plowing across the roads and into other peoples properties or city streets. But that's a nice little plow rig you have there, what kind of camera do you have, and how is it mounted?
  11. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

another video of Liberty Tavern, Union NJ

The camera is a Oregon Scientific ATC9K HD Helmet cam. Bought a Ram Suction cup mount and it goes right on windshield. WOrks great and water prrof to 65 feet Records in 1080P or less HD With an Optional GPS reciever in it, when you view videos thru their software it hooks with google earth and shows where your driving and speed and elevation etc... Very cool toy
  12. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Never had a problem plowing across streets, I try and tighty up the street when im done. I know there are ordinances against it, but for about 18 years no issues. fingers crossed ;)
  13. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

"I hope they don't plan on looking out that window anytime soon" ha ha ha that was pretty funny. I have to be honest, I've contemplated getting a Jeep. Your videos have sold me on the idea. That thing kicks ass. You guys got about 30" there, no? Impressive performance. I assume thats a 4.0?
  14. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

15. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Very nice videos. A jeep is perfect for residentials IMO. I try doing it with F550 crew cabs and it is very difficult. I am still amazed at the amount of snow you guys got and your only 50 miles east of me .Plowing across the street is a big NO NO :nono: around here, you nice ticket if your caught or a neighbor doesn't like you. Nice work.
  16. Matt10486

Matt10486 Member

impressive! nice work
  17. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Your lights dont go Dim

Did u get a bigger ALT because the lights don't look like they are going dim
  18. J29

J29 Senior Member

Nice Jeep. I always thought those would be the perfect driveway rigs. I'm jealous of all that snow you got, we certainly didn't get what they were calling for up my way. J.
  19. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Yeah, North Jersey got hammered.
  20. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

It is a Stock 2004 Jeep Rubicon =(Locking Axle Switch and 410 gears) Awesome feature I never used it until this storm. I went through everything. My volt meter drops down, but lights stay bright, I just installed Sylvania Silver star ultra headlights. Only mods I have done are the axle lock mod which aloows you to activate locking axles in high or low range (factory is low range only) I just ordered a dual battey kit from Quadrotec. Tamken makes it. I swear I dont see how it will fit, but it says its for my year and model. I also switch over to Blizzack snow tires in winter time. and have the 2 KC daylighters and a CB. Thats about it for now and of course the Fisher 6'9" minute mount plow. Oops I almost forgot behind the plow is a Warn Powerplant 9500 lb winch with air compressor. I have seen very high amp alternators on ebay. I may go for one. Lights stay bright buy volt guage does drop a lot.

I highly reccomend the Rubicon model for plowing!