1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Millburn/Short Hills, NJ 1/21/2011 storm videos

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by ken643, Jan 22, 2011.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

2. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

I see you added an extension to the top of the plow! Nice, Awesome videos

3. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

Ok......now the question....why do you guys use cameras? Don't get me wrong, I love them..

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Why not. Just for the amusement of our fellow plowing betheren. Doesnt add time, doesnt add any difficulty. Simply windshield mount that keeps my hands free.
    Dino

5. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Just for the fun of it, LOL I also plan on using it this summer on some of the motorcycle rides I go on.

6. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Good eye you have there, Yes I just had it put on a few days ago. It works well on its first try. I like it. Now I need wings, LOL

7. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

PS glad everyone is enjoying the videos

8. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

I was wondering because I have read on here where guys do this for proof that they were there and proof of no damage done while they were there...

LMAO........My wife comes in last night and sees that I'm on here watching your videos again.......She says, Your watching those AGAIN!.....How many times are you going to watch them? LOL......She says, I'm starting to wonder about you!

Did you put those two big spot lights on or did it come with the jeep? I was wondering if you ever used them, Then I saw you turn them on for a few seconds coming up to a stop sign..Man those put out some good light....

9. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I don't use them often and I install them myself they are kc daylighters 385,000 candlepower they are very bright and shine very far away normally when plowing you don't use them much the glare off the falling snow reflex back they are great lights I highly recommend them

10. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

Jay i am hoping to get really start taking them of every job for liability reasons. i think it could truly be invaluable if something ever did happen.

11. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

Hi Donato, Yes,I could see by having them could some day save your butt. I'm one of those guys who takes precautions. One time I got to one of my mowing customers to mow and noticed that he had some good fence damage (wood fence), and as soon as I saw it, I stopped mowing and took a look, then got my camera out and took pix...The fence was hit from the other side adjoining his neighbors (where I do not mow) My Ben Maddlock kicked in LOL, and saw green paint scuff marks on it and mine mowers are red, thought, hummm, his neighbor mows with a green john deer mower. long story short, I just want to preserve the evidence while it was still fresh. I may still have the pix, I will see....LOL I sent an e-mail to my customer letting him know about it and that it was not me....He sends one back and says, yeah, your off the hook, my neighbor confessed. just by him saying it that way, I thought I was glad I did what I did by taking the pix...

Lawns 089.jpg

Lawns 098.jpg

Lawns 099.jpg

12. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

jay, you should see the pics i take on the job of rot and such during my day job as a carpenter. ;-)

personally a camera phone these days is invaluable!!!

i have taken so many vids of walking around on a roof for customers so they don't need to come up there to see what i see.

13. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

Oh yeah, I bet....I'm an eletrician by trade, but work has been very bad here for about 2 years. I was just getting ready to take some time off to have a knee replaced when I got laid off, thats been 14 months ago. I have been doing mowing and such for four years part time after work before that happend. It may be another year yet before getting back out so I have just been trying to build this business up while i'm off.

14. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

haha looks like you almost fell off that cliff on vid number "003". I think i heard and OH **** and saw the brake slam. haha thats happened to me a few times to :D

15. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Here we go again for wednesday possibly. from what ive just heard its potentially snow north of I-95 and rain and mixing south of it. could be a big mess

16. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Think snow, No Mix, Come on SNOWThumbs Up

17. afekete

afekete Member
    from NJ

Hey Ken!

We were out the other day as well. It was a tough one for us. The plow relay failed us and we found a broken terminal under teh hood. Couldn't lift the plow or go left or right. This happened right after finishing a parking lot.

Spent almost four hours looking for a spare relay that would work and finally had to run to my snow dogg dealer in Bloomfield to get the right one. We finished around 6pm but lost over $1K due to a $16 part. Never again!! I'm stocking up on spares now.

On another note, I went to the NYC IMS (International Motorcycle Show) on Sunday and bought some "survival" tape. Self bonding and has all kinds of pressure and heat specs associated to it. I'm going to wrap my hose connectors as a pre-caution.

Also, I picked up a Snowplow.com shovel. At $50, they ain't cheap but for the 5" we got the other day, it saved my ass. With the plow down for a couple of hours, we still needed to get our customers done so we started shoveling. I bought the 30" shovel and man does it move a lot of snow. It's not great for lifting or "shoveling" snow but it can push so much more then any shovel I've every used. It also cut down on time spent shoveling stairs by almost 50%. It was well worth the money so now I'm also going to get a smaller one for sidewalks.

Hoping Tuesday into Wed will be profitable!

later,
    Andrew

18. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Hey whats up, Yeah I ordered the 30 inch. I have spare parts I carry as well. I bought the Fisher emergency kit. I hope Wednesday is a big one? Channel 7 say 6 inches is possible, no one else commiting to amounts.

19. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Where you watching Lee Goldberg? hahaha

seems like itll start as a mix, change to rain for a while then go to all snow once the cold air sets in, could be 6+" north of 287 but i feel like they are still uncertain.:confused:

20. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

Look for their sale/dicounted ones, I got my 28's and a 18"er cheap from them. I just got my 48"er a couple of weeks ago...