1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Millburn /Short Hills New Jersey 2/9/2013 Nemo

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by ken643, Feb 11, 2013.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Great video Ken as usual. Thanks for sharing.

3. MikeA5150

MikeA5150 Member

Nobody can ever acuse you of only being able to do one thing at a time. Nice job.

4. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks Fellas!

5. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Well this storm has melted, I hope we get at least one more

6. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

Ken love the videos as always. but they have me wanting to buy a jeep and start doing driveways.

7. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thats funny, because often I wish I had lots. LOL After a while of doing driveways, its gets tiring. I am wheeling like a NASCAR driver in that Jeep trying to make time to get everyone done. I especially hate the travel time from job to job, thats Why I prefer night time plowing no slow pokes on the road.

8. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Good video's Ken! I like the music too. So how many drives do you usually do for a snow event like that?

9. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Just me or is the plow dropping really hard.

10. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Its not you, it drops like lightning, Fisher has a cable with a spring that helps bring it down quicker. I like it. I have seen some other vidoes with I think they were boss plows (not positive)where the plow drops so slowly.

11. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I have 40 accounts, mostly driveways two small lots.

12. bossman34

bossman34 Member

Just an FYI, the Boss plows have an adjustable drop rate. You can change it from a snail to slamming with a turn of a wrench...Thumbs Up

13. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I did not know that, so clearly it was a personal preference, Cool option.

14. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

The cable and spring is on there for when u take the blade of u dont have to manualy push down the lift cylinder to get slack in the chain. Not faster drop speed. You can also slow down the drop speed with a turn of a wrench with a fisher

15. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Dam, I am learning stuff every day. Thanks, I like the fast drop though. I am also a huge fan of Fisher plows now. This is my first one. Bought brand new 4 years ago and it works fantastic.

16. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Ken - I have been looking for your vids - saw them a year or a few ago! Been looking at jeeps whenever I see one in the City or on Long ISland - GREAT JOB!!!

17. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Thanks, that last storm was my only shot with a decent amount of snow to make videos.

18. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

-ya - and the hairband tracks!!!

Agree - what is with the last 3 years - seems like - not seems like - IS nothing.......sux

19. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Here in Jersey we had a lot of near misses, some to far north, others to far south. Im glad for Nemo. But other than that a crappy snow season. and its about over. March is never really a good snow month.