1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Military Plow Truck Gets Paint

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Doakster, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I finished my repaint on my plow for my M37 Military truck this weekend. Also put a new cutting edge on it and new side markers.

I went from this:
    [​IMG]

To this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Here is a walk around video of it.

[​IMG]

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Sweet man! thats a nice unique setup! I love old military trucks.

4. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

That truck is cool ussmileyflag

5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

That is a sawwweeeet looking truck ya got there man!

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks guys....Some people like to think of these trucks as the Hummer back on the day. And it will just about pull anything if it has traction.

7. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thats sweet, I bet with some chains you could push anything forever. The plow looks good, you should paint the lift piston black or something, the old red kind of sticks out.

Unique setup!

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Chains would give it ultimate traction...but for what I use it for it still will push or pull anything. This will actually push just as much snow at my F-350 with no traction issues. ARB used to make air locker for this truck but they don't anymore. There are a couple other companies that make limited slips for these trucks, which would help greatly seeing as it has open differentials.

Picture this truck pulling out my F-350 from the mud, like it was not even behind it, it's done it before. Also this truck will idle up a steep hill no problem with no pedal.

I should paint the lift cylinder I just ran out of paint, I'll get to it at some point.

9. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

A buddy of mine has an old power wagon with similar tires. It was a military truck at one time, with the huge winch on the front. That thing with the original tires will pull or push anything, its amazing. It even does well in the mud.

Like I said, a very cool setup.

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great it must be a beast.

11. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Beast would be a mild way to put it

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

1. How big is that plow?
    2. What size motor do you have in it?
    3. What year is it?
    4. Who makes it?

13. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

7.5 Fisher(built specifically for this model truck)
    Straight Six, 230ci, 80hp
    Manufacture: Dodge
    Model: M37 3/4 Ton, 4 Speed, Hi/Low Range, 5.88 gears

M37s were made in the 50s and 60s, they were the do all truck for the military. They are similar to a Dodge Power Wagon and share many of the same parts.

14. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

so jelious iv been wanting another m37 since I sold my last one. happen to know any in decent condition in the NE? Yours is in great condition. Awsome truck man

15. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Very Sweet

16. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I actually think that there is one for sale in the town I live in, I don't drive by it that often but if I do I'll check to see if it's still for sale.

They come up every now and then in uncle henrys and I see a hand full driving up north in Maine.

I actually bought mine of a guy who has been rebuilding them most of his life, I think he told me he had 20 plus at one point in various different conditions.

He just built one to be woods buggy, took the fenders, cab, windshield, doors all off, repainted it forest green and built a wood bed for it. He does great work and had sold trucks that are show condition that he has rebuilt for 25,000. I don't think he has any at the moment because he is slowly starting to get out of the hobby and not rebuild them anymore.

Actually I used to see one in Portsmouth when I lived down there, had a meyer plow on it to, wasn't for sale though at the time.

17. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

that is soooo cool, looks like it can climb a tree wesport

18. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

if there is one for sale let me know i am deffinitly interested. There is one down this way thats 1/2 thru the restoration sold in peices haha dont think i want to start a project like that

19. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

20. Motorcityman

Motorcityman Junior Member

Great looking M37!! I've always been a big fan of them, I used to have a WC51 (weapons carrier) dodge from WW2 which is daddy to the M37. I'd like to pick one up and do a cummings conversion on one, makes it the ultimate truck in my opinion. Rock solid platform of a 4x4. The plow came out nicely too. This is my current MV, I wouldn't dare mount a plow to it though...The heater sucks and in its current state its a little too breezy :D

[​IMG]