1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Midwieght Plow and shoes

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DrB, Nov 30, 2006.

1. DrB

DrB Junior Member

I just got the plow installed today and was looking it over when I got home and realized it did not have shoes on it, nor did I get them from where I had the plow installed. Are they standard on the midwieght plows?

Also is there an owners manual that comes with the plow or do I have to download it from tthe website.

Looking forward to the Chicago storm..........

SB

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

That plow might not be heavy enough to justify having shoes. If it were meant to it would have two brackets welded to the outside of the blade.

The dealer should of given you the owner's manual since it does come with that. But you can get all that from Western's publication library.

3. mikepeer

mikepeer Junior Member
    from indiana

they do have holes for the brackets and shoes but western didn't put them on from the factory so they could save weight. shoe kit for them western # 64392

as for the manual, yes they do come with one if the dealer remembers.

owners manual

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/64319.08_121405.pdf

4. Hammer24

Hammer24 Junior Member

Hey DrB...I too just got a midweight installed on my truck, as Mike said, the shoes are an option. My dealer quoted me $100 installed, but I'm pretty sure you could install them very easily yourself. The dealer should have given you a packet, which included a welcome letter from western, the manual, a small tube of lube for the plugs, and a registration/warranty card...I'd go back and get them to get you one. I was wondering, did you get the steel or poly midweight? I myself bought the poly and can't wait for our first snow fall to give it a try...best of luck with your new plow and snow season.

5. DrB

DrB Junior Member

I went with steel. No special reason why,

Set up is on a 2001 GMC 1500 1/2 ton.
    Truck handles it extremely well.
    Hand held contro; ( I highly reccommend this.)
    I did not put timbrens on as I wanted to see how much drop there was.
    I did have 300 lbs of salt in the bed. At least I started out that way. By the end of the night I was out of salt

We had 7+ inches on friday, schools were canceled. My office rescheduled patients , so I had the whole day to plow..

Plow worked great. I was out fron 4am to 1200pm plowing ( 3 driveways and 3 commercial properties - about 20 spaces each) and then back that night to do touch ups. It was a wet snow... no problems with the pushing. Worst part is that my driveway was the last and by that time the lower level was frozen......

I also was working on teaching my son to drive the plow rig. I only got mad at him once.

Overall I am very happy wtth the plow and and its performance

Any questions feel free to pm me.....

SB