1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Midwest Snow

Discussion in 'Weather' started by TPC Services, Feb 12, 2007.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

WOW who would have thonk it, we are getting snow may be again tonight. 5" to 7" they say I'll weight in tell tuesday afternnon to see about that one. I might yet see a profit this year and I hope the crying can now stop up in N.Y. mainly the upper part thats why I do not see your point to conplain when you get snows like that We may get 12" a year if we are lucky!!!! I remeber the 70' and 80's when we use to have a 12" on the ground from late NOV tell early to mid march!!!!! Aint seen 12" of total snow fall in 3 years conbined!!!! and you get 12 FEET!!!!:angry:

Sorry about the ***** but at times aI can be a a-- just except it and move on if you do not like my 2 since:nono:

2. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Were due for a blizzard :yow!: I'm with you, I don't remember the last time we got 12" or more. The blizzard of 1972 was nice, Think we had a big storm New years day 1999? All our storms have been 2-5", It's nice to plow, but sure would be cool to have a storm that shut every thing down like back in the 70's.

3. TPC Services

ya a blizzard would be nice but I'm talkin more like having snow on the ground all winter long the 2"- 5" like we use to get every other week. have not seen that since like ua said 1999 and the early 80's

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  4. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i wll bet this will be the last snow of the year

5. TPC Services

i'm right there with ua, if it ever gets here

I give a 60 no 40 yes on getting something during the girls state basketball been a few years since we had a storm during that.

6. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

nws says 1-3 now

7. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

They are also saying this is going to be very wet and heavy snow. Those of you who get any more then 5 inches, get ready to work your trucks.

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

WELP! Its snowing again!

All I want to do is sleep!!payup

9. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

4:15am here in cook county, IL staring out of my window watchin the snow start to accumulate, trucks been running for the last half hour warming up. cant wait to get out and plow a good snow fall. hope all have a safe and profitable plowing event.

10. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

payup trucks are running and its go time payup payup payup

11. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Gavins how much snow has fallen down there? Last night our news said down by I-80 they were predicting 12"+. I do a bunch of plowing along I-39.

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Just got in from round one. I have to finish a report for my "real job" then head back out to open things back up. It's coming down pretty good. I'd guess that there is about 4" down now, with drifts as much as 2' so far.

13. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

I wish it was wet, the snow we getting is very dry and fluffy, flying all over the place. Not doing any sidewalks till it's all over. Just blows back in after you have cleared it.

14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

well im in from round one also. Started at 4am. I would have had pictures but when i went to take the first pics, battery died. ahh well, ill wait for round two to start here in a few hours.

15. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

6" here. -7F for temperature. Sun is shining now.

16. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Doug,

is the snow up your way a dry fluffy snow also?

17. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

The snow here is dry and fluffy..what a pain to push, it just blows everywhere.. as of right now strong winds and heavy snow.. Hope to get everyone out working by 1:00 pm.. We have to wait till it stops snowing just because of the wind,when we do plow it looks like we did nothing and have to go back and do it again..going back = loss profits..:nod:

18. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

in from round 1 as well. snow up here is getting wet and heavy. got some pics will upload after round 2.

19. wilderXJ

wilderXJ Member

"blizard" round 1

made a few rounds this morning before my, "real job" as well, cut out at 11:30 to ride it out til round 2 starts:bluebounc

phone shot on the way home, forgot the real camera packing cloths for the real job

[​IMG]

20. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I just got back from between I-88 and I-80 on I-39, it is real bad there. LOTS of drifting, visability less than 1/8 mile. At times it is almost white out conditions.