1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Midwest plowing forecast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PROPJCKEY, Jan 2, 2004.

1. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

This thread probably belongs elsewhere, however, I feel it is important information that affects the "upper Midwest crowd". Its seems that even though technology is advancing rapidly, the weather forecasting data is getting less and less accurate! So, that being said, I have been using weather.com, accuweather.com and noaa.gov as my primary data for planning my infectious snowmobile trips around my local plowing route. snow coming.....no trip. You get the idea. Something I would like to share with ALL plowsite people is a site we use for snowmobile trail conditions and weather forecasting. It is called johndee.com. This guy is a meteorologist in the private sector mainly catering to the upper midwest. If you click on forecast text you will get, what I have ALWAYS found, the MOST ACCURATE forecast for our area. Two days ago, he was forecasting cat 3 storms for our area from sat. nite through sun nite. None of the other sites were predicting this, in fact, one was predicting sunny! After watching the 10 o'clock news, they are saying that we will be getting snow, just not sure how much. check it our for yourself! Just thought us Midwesterners could use better information.

Happy New Year to all!
    -Jeff-:drinkup:

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hey propjckey, I'm here in the quad cities and I've got the same problem! The weather channel says nothing but sun for the next week but the local news said two storms, one on Sunday, and one on Tuesday. I don't know who to believe! I'll check that website you posted right now and post in a few minutes.:waving:

3. The Boss

:yow!: I hope your guy is right! Looks like I'll be busy if that forecast is right. I'll have to wait and see I guess.:waving:

4. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

Hey Boss,
    If you'll notice, the bigshot forecasters are changing their forecasts for Sunday. I don't know if JohnDee is telepathic or what, but, his forecasts are the most accurate of anybody i've seen! Let's get busy Sunday!:yow!:
    -Jeff-

5. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

party sunday night, lets go
    :waving: :D

6. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

READ THIS for chicago forecast!

Check out the above!
    -Jeff-purplebou

7. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Johndee.com

Propjckey,

Thanks for the info. The website looks like it will be a big help.
    They are changing the forcast here as well! I'm getting tired of all this 50 degree weather and no snow. LETS GET IT ON.:) :D

8. muddy00

muddy00 Member

Hey I don't like this guy, He says I'm only going to get a trace and You'll be getting 4-8. I WAN'T More!!!

Very cool site thanks for the info. :D :D

9. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

chicago

if anybody needs a hand im avaible sunday..
    chevy 3500 blizzard 8-10 dont have much lined up.

708 516 1640 call any time.

10. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

come on up muddy! Always a bunch of flag downs available!payup

11. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

snow fall

give me a call let me know how much is up there sometimes we get screwed on the south side

12. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

Snow.

What is snow?

:cry:

13. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

thundercat99,
    from what i have been gathering, the freeze/ thaw line is from downtown chitown to the moline/rock falls area....stay tuned
    -jeff-

14. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

snow

Can't wait for saturday night!! snow is comming they say 2-4" of the white gold is comming to us up here in iowa. All the other piles have melted away time to make some new ones.payup payup :cool: :cool:

15. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

he does have a very good site, very user friendly too.

Thanks for the info on this!

oh...and i hope you all enjoy the snow. :rolleyes:

16. The Boss

Shannon, where in Iowa are you?

17. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

Just south of cedar rapids about 10 miles

18. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

propjockey,
    i have been using j.d's sight for about 5 years, mainly for when i go riding ( CAT 600 triple) up north, and dam he is always on the money. theres nothing like a live update using his web cam.

I really enjoy his fine detail,not just a bunch of snowflakes on a map like the weather channel. Good luck to everyone on getting a piece of the snow, PT.:waving:

19. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

plowtech,
    my fellow riders are sitting at skyview right now playing ship, captain, crew......dammit i want snow sun but i want to be there too!
    -Jeff-

20. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

snow

Cant wait untill tomarrow about time ol mother nature gets in gear