1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Midwest Ice capades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kipcom, Jan 16, 2004.

1. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Oh....now it gets even better !!!! No snow in the forecast for Indy,,,,, noooo ..... It's ICE now... freezing rain !!! What next ??? :angry:

2. DJL

DJL Senior Member

springtime weather and flowers!

3. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm just going to go out and talk real nice to my plow, so it doesn't feel neglected and load up the trucks with salt, no problem.

4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

:dizzy: I've been wondering the same thing... :dizzy:

5. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

:cry: Rain nothing but rain here :cry:

6. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

yeah. it was raining this morning at 5am when I went out,
    I thought I 'd just hook up the plow if it gets colder later but it did't the guys at work just bring out the power washer and start washing all the co, trucks..

I just drove home and it is still raining!! :gunsfiring: where's the cold!!

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We got the cold you got the moisture what a deal. Now if we could get them to come together for a few days. Maybe a big spinner of a storm could happen.

8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

We've still got a good 2 months left yet boys. Hang in there!:D

9. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

7am Indy time...... NO blade action, just spinny thing on the back. Wow...:eek: it is really sleeting outside now and have a good amount of ICE on everything.

10. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Fine I’m ready to mow some grass anyway Kip :mad:
    If I wanted snow I could go take the blade off of my mower and put the mower deck back on, then go wash and detail the exterior of my truck, that works every time! I don’t care I’m tired of the cold and just wanna mowww!!!!!!

Alittle freezing rain here overnight, people going 45 or so on highway in front of my house. parts of my driveway are dry... I think we didn't get much, the other parts look moist.

11. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

I like the mowing part also,,,,BUT I make more $$$$$payup in a short time when it snows :D

12. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Just got up after sleeping . We were out last night in the ice rinks( also known as parking lots) about 1" of freezing rain then a dusting of snow , then rain now dense fog followed by freezing cold tomorrow. Chicago weather sucks sometimes.Thank god for my salt spreader.

13. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

cold here too breaking temp records below zero with wind chills at 25-40 below finnally warmed up a little today 20 degrees.feels like a heat wave

14. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Got in a little bit ago from doing our village roads, 1/2" or rain,sleet,ice,freezing-rain,snow,slow all mixed together. I thought this was January, not the end of March:mad:

15. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Even though ice is no fun compared to snow, I'd rather be out salting and making money than sitting at home NOT making any.:D

16. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We got 3-4 inches of snow then freezing rain on top (NE Ohio). Made some huge snow boulders with this stuff. They burned through some major amounts of salt on this storm. The City and County guys did a great job for it being a Saturday night. They must need the overtime to pay for Christmas.