1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

midweight or hts??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ACA L&L, Nov 15, 2010.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Ok so were buying another plow truck, going with my first half ton ever, F150 with the heavy duty package, same capabilities as the 3/4ton but in a the heavy half ton truck. Basically the truck has nuts and looks like it does, come with some aggressive tires, trailer brake control, electronic shift, heavy duty springs, same tow capacity,very nicely equipped for a f150 and has a rebate of 5500 so cant beat the price.

im looking at what we will hang on the front , the hts or the midweight, light duty plow for sure, our area is not what you would call "busy"

the western site gives alot of options but wanted to hear from others that actually use the truck and plow. will the midweight mount up without adding timbrens, or would the hts be a better option........i go to dealer tommorrow to finish the deal, the 3/4 ton come with a smaller rebate and would add about 50 to the payment but want the smaller truck for a few reasons.................anyway any advice on which plow to go with, i couldnt find any posts on f150 and the midweight experiences.
  2. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

mainly wanted to know what kind of bumber notching was gonna need to be done, does it look real bad? do they actually cut into the bumber?, will this void the warranty? if it voids the warranty why would they recommend putting this plow on the truck or any plow for that matter. do the truck manufacturers think that everyone needs to use a 3/4 ton truck to plow with, before i buy the truck tomorrow i will be asking if it voids the warranty on the ford, cant have that happen, we all know fords have there issues....
  3. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

I have the HTS and I love it. I had it on a 2004 F-150, and just switched it to a 2010. The plow is a lot tougher than it is made out to be. The mounts are really clean and hardly noticable. I did not have to add anything to the front for support, so it was a bolt and go install. Great plow for residential or light commercial.