1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

midweight electrical

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by iowasnow, Jan 18, 2011.

1. iowasnow

iowasnow Junior Member

Wireing my new plow. The directions completely slip over power cables to pump motor. Does the harness with the black/ornge wire along with the two batt cables go on the truck side. Thanks
  2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes it goes on the truck side. Should be female for the connector on the battery cables.
  3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Just remember the black/orange wire is a ground. you connect to the neg side of the battery
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The vehicle side battery cable has one large black one and a small black with orange stripe. The small wire should have a quick connect plug that joins with one of the other harnesses. I think it goes to the end of the wires by the main pump motor power relay. Have a look at the booklet that comes with the headlight harness. The manual should be two in one. The one side is for 3 port isolation module with "three plug system" and the other says "two plug system." Thtere is a detailed diagram of the whole vehicle wiring system there including adapters, relays, fuses and plugs. That is what I rely on more than the step by step instructions. Hope that helps.
  5. iowasnow

iowasnow Junior Member

well thanks guys, plow is all hooked up and everything work the first time, pics are posted under the equipment pics section, thanks for your help
  6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

glad your problem is resolve..

safe plowing