1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Middle Wear Strip

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by ABMN1, Dec 31, 2007.

1. ABMN1

ABMN1 Junior Member
    from Utah

I have a LOBO 28V, Is there another way to deal with the middle wear strip I been getting the rubber piece OE and thought there might be another way of doing things I get a lot of snow and ice leaking by . If anyone have any suggestions please let me know.

2. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Ditch that rubber POS & go with a steel center piece (non OEM) ...they are awesome for Ice & snowpac...they also dont leave nearly as much center-trail as the rubber...

..do not however, try & run larger &/or grade 8 bolts....its good that they snap....keeps more expensive things from breaking/bending...

dont ask for an explanation...just believe that its true

If you're intrested...contact VWOVW....he has edges & centers 4-sale....

3. ABMN1

ABMN1 Junior Member
    from Utah

Does VWOVW have a web site that I can go too.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

5. ABMN1

ABMN1 Junior Member
    from Utah

Thanks for your help, I got his email on the link you gave me. I hope its the right one.

THANKS Agian

6. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

my monitor died. i'll upload some new pics when i get a new monitor. so for now i'm on the wifes computer with no pictures of mine. I emailed you back. i'll get a shipping quote tomorrow.

7. hydro_37

from iowa

No problem....thats why this site is great. People will help you out. VW will take good care of you. You will need to drill out the stock holes a little bigger and then the stock size carriage bolts for the cutting egdes will work. The new steel piece has stamped carriage bolt holes in it.

8. ABMN1

ABMN1 Junior Member
    from Utah

THANKS Got your email

9. hydro_37

from iowa

I have pictures of it on my plow but can't post the pictures because they are too big, Can anyone help?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  10. ABMN1

ABMN1 Junior Member
    from Utah

Try to resize your picture and re-save it with less pixels. The picture you have when you post is around 80 pixels, If there big the picture will be in the 1000 pixels or so.

11. hydro_37

from iowa

Tried to resize the pics. Send meyour email and I will send them to you. Or anyone else that wants to see it.

12. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

do you have photo bucket? send it to me i'll post it. i still haven't found a deal on a lcd 22" monitor so i'm still on the wifes computer. and my pics are in my pc.

13. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

its been sent. fyi i didn't have any paper at the shop to stuff the box. so i used household insulation.and no i didn't remove it from my walls:p it doesn't bother me but i thought i should tell you.

14. ABMN1

ABMN1 Junior Member
    from Utah

Great, maybe I can use the insulation too.

15. hydro_37

from iowa

Pictures of the steel center piece

100_0939.jpg

100_0940.jpg