1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Middle man scammer

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by AndyTblc, Feb 4, 2009.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I got a call today from a lady who owns a house that she rents out. She asked me if I plowed the driveway 2 times in december and 2 times in january. She said she only had receipts for december 21st and 24th. Then they turned in 2 times in january to have it taken off their rent. I told this lady no, I only plowed in december not in january. The people that live in this house are responsible for doing their driveway until a certain point. I charge them X-amount, and they turn in the receipt and get it taken off their months rent. They tried scamming her out of the money.
    These people look like the type that would come out and shoot me with their 1 tooth showing. So I don't know what they're going to say to me next time they see me.
    Has anyone else ever been the middle man of one of these situations?
  2. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Not that i know of usally people try to scam me out of money not somebody eles. i always get to play the idiot.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Should of told her you plowed 6 times and have the tenant conform it then split it with the tenant!payup
  4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ooooo u dirty raaaaat:p
  5. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Could they have got someone else to plow for them? Simple explaination. I like grandviews option best.
  6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

:nod: sounds like a good plan, but I'm not that type of person.
  7. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusic:gunsfiring:I had a call today froma company on the Quebec side asking if I had a backhoe to clear a communications tower in Springtown Ontario about 15k from my place. I said No but I got a tractor with a loader on it and a 8.5 ft blower on the back. I could hear in the background that she had a coach/supervisor and she was relaying my answers to him. I wanted to tighten up the job request so I asked her . Is it the Rogers Tower? She said Yes. I said Hey I do the Rogers Tower in Renfrew. She then relayed the msg to her coach/super. Then I said fax me the info on your company with the request and a P.O, number and I;ll get back to you with a close estimate. Guess what, I think I just avoided getting scammed. Once they found out I did the Rogers tower in Renfrew they decided that they would not be able to get away with not paying me. Time will tell, but so far no fax.If they caLLtomorrow and say we are here waiting for you, I will be telling em either a p.o, number or good old Canadian Cash