1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mid-West Winter Predictions?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mullis56, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Anyone heard any yet?

2. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Heck Im as good as a weather man/woman. I can be full of **** so here it goes... I say that the twin cities metro will come in at around 48in.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Temps will be colder or warmer than average. There may or may not be snow which may be more or less than average.

$55,000 salary, please.

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

This is an extremely accurate prediction........my money's on this one. :D :drinkup:

Worth every penny!

5. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

check back in january, 2010 and i'll let you know

6. redman6565

besides, i wouldn;t put much behind any weather predictions outside of a day or two.

7. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Farmer's Alamanc has been better and nearly head on last 3-4 years for us! Mick - your check went out today, will come from DM, Inc., so be on the lookout for it! $55K is cheap for the forecasters here, might use you again! LOL!!! That is about what they are like here too! They are guessers here and always guess wrong.

8. redman6565

don't you wish you could be paid to be wrong all the time too? forget to salt a parking lot or just tell your customer you thought it was going to be sunny and 35 so it didn't need to be plowed, then turn in a bill lol

9. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

try 6 figs

10. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Looking like an El Nino at this point!

11. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

EL Nino is that alot of snow or a little

12. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

With this past weather patterns we have been having this summer, i wouldnt doubt another crazy winter again. I cant say for sure, but the Eastern United States could see more snow then last winter

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll wait till March 31, 2010

14. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Do you think they could see less ?:confused:

15. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I hate to say it but if the strong el-nino and east base develops every1 east of the Mississippi is going to be in trouble......we want a weak-mod el-nino west based to set-up. Right now its warming at a alarming rate......we just need to watch it......i hope this does not screw us

17. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I hope it is a good one! Time will tell....2007/2008 was a crazy sleet/ice year for us and it was El Nino right?

18. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Actually it was very weak La Nina and more so Neautral winter

19. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Snowday is right is was a la nina/netural....last el nino was in 2006-2007.....that winter sucks for every1 until febuary when we got some good snow. 2002-2003 was a weak el nino. My area got rock with close to 70 inches that year. Its just a wait and see........they should kno more by the end of august. No matter what type of el-nino develops look out denver....then are going to get a bunch of snow this winter

20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

If we get another winter like '06-'07 I am quitting now. :realmad: