1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mid Michigan Startup

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 97F350PS, Dec 30, 2008.

1. 97F350PS

97F350PS Junior Member

Hello All,
    Just wanted to introduce myself.
    I've been lurking around for a little while now, and gained some valuable information from some members already. This site seems to be a really valuable tool for the industry.
    That said,

About myself:
    I own and operate a business that is a world away from snow removal in which I employ anywhere from 1 to 5 guys dependent on contracts. This fluctuates as most of our work comes spring to fall.
    I decided this year to start something up which may help me retain some employees throughout the year, and give us something to do in the winter months.
    The two guys that I am keeping on this year are both really dedicated, hard working, well rounded individuals. Both have commercial driving experience, one comes from a long line of farmers, the other I have worked with for 10 plus years.

Here is a list of equipment that I have acquired in the last two months.
    I will post some pics when I have everything together in the lot.

1997 Ford F-250 4x4 HD 5.8l / 8' Fisher blade / Fisher 1000 tailgate spreader.
    Truck is white and looks clean.
    Fisher blade is older and needs painted but everything is working well, I am having joint clutch and gear convert this to the new Fisher control system.
    Tailgate spreader - brand new.

1997 Ford F-350 4x4 Crew Cab 7.3l Powerstroke / 8' Fisher blade[/B]
    Truck is green and looks pretty good - will paint in the spring.
    Blade is brand new - getting installed tomorrow.

Put New Goodyear Wranglers on both trucks, as well as new shocks exhaust etc...

Toro 21" 2 cycle single stage blower / brand new.
    Troy built 24" 4 cycle two stage blower / new last year.
    Walk behind spreader.
    Shovels, brooms, chisels etc...

I have insurance for plowing on both vehicles, as well as contractors insurance to cover liability.

We started operation this month and have 6 residential and one "sort of" commercial customer.

If any of you guys here in Mid Michigan ( Bay City, Midland area'ish )
    need any subs, or just need some clean up runs when your busy get ahold of me.
    We can use the hours. I check my mail regularly and have it on my mobile.

I realize that we are all new to this and it is going to be a good challenge for all of us, but were up for it.

If anyone has any suggestions, tips, or abuse (which I'm sure is coming) - please send it.

Happy and Prosperous New Year to all.
    Eric

2. huss691981

huss691981 Member

good luck in your new venture. hope all is well with you and yours. Mike

3. mr.muddmotors

mr.muddmotors Junior Member

sounds like you're on the right track g/l.