1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mid Atlantic Storm of the Century !

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by SMLCAT, Feb 5, 2010.

1. SMLCAT

SMLCAT Member

Well here I am in VA waiting for the most recent Storm of the Century to finish dumping it's load. We should get about a foot. My son who's in college near DC is expecting 20 to 30 inches!

This is the fourth major snowstorm we've had this winter and all of them have been over weekends...

I ordered a new snow blade but it hasn't come in yet so I'll have to use my GP bucket...

DSC_0001_edited.jpg

2. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

WOW!! you guy's are getting slammed... Send some up... Good luck.

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

same here but I want the entire 20-30"

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nice- you guys are long overdue for a good winter. Here ya go=:drinkup:

5. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

You guys are getting the winter we're supposed to be having...most we got is 5 inches so far. Enjoy

6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

have fun with that!! lol Thats a good picture through the evergreens with the snow on them, kinda cool lokking.

7. rbialkin

rbialkin Junior Member
    from Boston

If anyone needs an extra crew for the weekend to help clear snow I have two crews ready to go. All four guys are experienced, we carry business liability insurance as well as plow insurance and we work hard. One truck will get you two guys with a plow, 2 snow blowers and shovels. Two trucks available for the weekend. Call me (781) 801-3346 if you need help. Make it worth my while and we'll leave Boston with an hour's notice.

Rodney

8. JN16184

JN16184 Member

Not much in the Richmond area to work with, yet. Maybe by tomorrow.

9. rbialkin

rbialkin Junior Member
    from Boston

Give me a call in the morning. We can load up and be on the road within an hour. Will take us a while to get there, but we could work that out on the phone.

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

You southern guys are so lucky- I wish we were getting that kind of snow here in Northern, NJ!

11. SMLCAT

SMLCAT Member

Just heard from the weather guy on TV that our average snowfall for the season is 18" and to date we've got 38" with a couple inches more today and another system scheduled for Wed...

Typically for us late Feb and March gives us the biggest snows so we may have a ways to go yet...

Just heard that the people in DC who have no clue about how to live with snow are calling the storm STORMAGEDDON !

12. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

pictures ...we need pictures... anyone do the dc area ?? white house maybe?

13. SMLCAT

SMLCAT Member

I just got an email from a client who lives in Manassas, VA just outside of DC.
    He said the whole area was paralyzed and sent me a couple of pictures so you can get your fix

The yardstick measured 24" !!

Yardstick says 24.jpg

McCloskey spruce.jpg

14. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

According to NWS a few spots in Maryland got 30 - 38.5"! They had I95 shut down completely! I cant wait to see those pics.

15. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow Senior Member
    from ny

u guys lucky i live on the island n we were gana get 6 to 8 then got nothing

16. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Two quick cell pics from todays work in Lehighton Pa, my helper in our tractor blowing snow, almost on me.:waving:

tractor.jpg

truck.jpg

17. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member