1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mid-Atlantic possible NOR'EASTER

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mickman, Jan 18, 2005.

1. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Cold air is in place, {last week temps in 70's} chances are looking very good
    for developing coastal low that could have an exploding potential
    {major dumpage}

It finally feels like winter now! looks like a nice clipper coming wednesday to knock the cobb-webs off the equipment.

ARE YOU READY??!!!

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

That would be called an Alberta clipper. Compliments of your Canadian Friends. :)

3. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

I am ready. I got my new 9' blade on yesterday and just ordered my pro wings today and they should be in Friday. :redbounce

4. mickman

mickman Senior Member

And I thank you.............keep'em coming!!!!!!!

5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sorry but they are in limited supply and we need some for us. However seeing as we just had a storm 2 days ago maybe we will allow this one to come down to you first, then pick up some more moisture, before swinging back up to us. We are just so happy to be in a position to help you.

6. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Well Dave if you do come through for us down here then we really appreciate it.

Thank you and keep blowing that thing down our way.

7. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

You east coast boys are finaly going to get some plowable snow! Tonight my area is forcasted to get 1-3 inches, Tomorrow night, 2-4 inches then Friday night and saturday we could get a 4-6 inch storm. January this year has been good to me and the midwest. Im gonna be pretty busy. Later

8. mickman

mickman Senior Member

OK Dave,

We Mid-Atlantician's promise to send youz guyz some humid hot weather
    this summer........deal?

9. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Sorry East Coast guys. I jinxed the whole damned snow thing by putting my plow on the truck today. Just couldn't help myself. Sorry! I'll make sure to take it off and wait until it starts to snow on Saturday so I don't jinx that one too!

10. Derrick in NJ

Derrick in NJ Member

Pray for some snow fellas!! It's looking good so far for the new plow vehicles maiden voyage. Hey PlowVA, I see you're plowing with a Tahoe too, how do you like it? I've been plowing with a Dodge Ramcharger for the past 5 years, and stepped up to a Tahoe this year. :bluebounc payup

11. chuckers

chuckers Member

first we get some i promise we wont take it all in the midwest.... we are lucky to get a dusting :cry:

12. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Derrick, just put the plow on in November. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Maybe tomorrow. Let's get back to each other with the results.

JP

13. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

Nor*easter?

I remember a few yrs Back! same Deal No Snow!--Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb--March--last few weeks--got Hammerd!--three 2 ft snow storms One right after the Other--COLD Windy Driffting --every ONE tearing Up their equipment--over-Tired & Cold--& No where to put It!--mother Natures Revenge?--w/the Ole WALTERS working over TIME!--as every thing Else was ither Stuck or Broke down!--I personally Like those 3 inch Snows--DONO? about You?--You Know those Money makers! NOT the BLIZZARDS that Destroy Equipment--& We like all of YOU are as READY as we will ever BE?--so Bring IT ON! & We will GO On from There!--& GOOD LUCK Guys!--Ole JIM--

14. computerguy

computerguy Member

The forecasters who cried wolf...

Remember the story of the boy who cried wolf????
    I do not believe ANYTHING the forecast says about tomorrow never mind 4 days in advance. I'll believe it when I see it. Forcasters are in the media. And the media hypes up everything. I stay prepared and when it happens I am ready to go.

15. salopez

salopez Senior Member

well things are soposed to be lining up for a big one this weekend on the east coast. lets hope all works out.

16. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

PLEASE let it snow!

I need to justify some of the contracts that folks have been so kind as to have signed.

I'd also like to see if the new plows actually work or just look pretty sitting in the drive. Tired of hooking them up just to chase the dogs around the yard.

17. Derrick in NJ

Derrick in NJ Member

Will dol JP, I'm actually kinda excited to use it.

18. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Derrick, Had some fun with the plow today. Did 5 lots over four hours. We got 2 inches out of nowwhere. Just kind of hit us. Took me a few minutes to get used to the new setup, and it was only 2 inches, but I think it went very well. Did you get a chance to use yours?

JP