1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mid Am Show

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SCL, Jan 21, 2001.

1. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I went to the Mid Am show at Navy Pier on Wenesday and saw some pretty cool things. Best snow plow exhibit went to Hiniker. Now before I get blasted about Hiniker plows let me say that i don't own one, don't intend to own one , wouldn't recommend one. But, they had a working model of their C-Plow as well as a demo video. I give them credit for an innovative concept. But looking at the moldboard it made me wonder if you could punch a nail through it, looked very thin. Hinker reps were very nice but I didn't gein their face about what I think is a severe lack of potential durability.

Snoway had a V there and this thing looks like a plow should. I currently own a Fisher straight but I don't think I'd shy away from a Snoway.

Everything else was pretty much the way you know it is, but thought I'd comment on these two.