1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

micro switches for western joysticks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by qdbkkjp, Nov 24, 2004.

1. qdbkkjp

qdbkkjp Junior Member

I have had two of my micro switches go bad on my western joystick. I was able to replace them with raido shack switch part # 275-016a. I just de-soldered the old switch off the board and modified the raido shack switch by taking off the blade on top of the switch and grinding down the connection blades so they will fit thru the board and then re- solder. Easy! they work great. But after doing some surfing I found the oem switches here, http://www.alliedelec.com/cart/ProductDetail.asp?SKU=908-1280&SEARCH=e61&ID=1315&DESC=E61-10A These switches are the same that came on my board and can be bought cheap!!! Changing these are the same as above but no modifications. De-soldering is easy, just do a search on googel and you will find instructions on how to do it. I bought my de-soldering tool at raido shack. I hope this helps out as a new joy stick or board alone is big $$$$$. Or at the very least, you could take your board to a electronics biz and they could change them out for you witch would still be cheaper than a new board. Enjoy !
  2. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

great tip, I have a dud from last year I'm gonna break out for a fix and have a nice backup :gunsfiring: