1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan weather is a tease...!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Turf Commando, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

What's going on ? last year we were nailed with blizzards, this time we get a dusting ....
    Hate to say it but this winter is going to be mild, possibly a few good plow events just going to skip the new plow purchase, and buy the LCD big screen to occupy my time till spring....:D

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing:

makes sense to me!

3. happydays

happydays Junior Member

welcome to mi:laughing:

4. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

lol....dont give up yet. Calling for 1-3 for tomorrow night into monday, then hopfully the mid week storm hits us.....fingers crossed!!

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Plowed here. Most of them twice.

6. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Your welcome Mark. Do to our generousity on this side of the lake, we decided not to "steal" all of the moisture out of the front so your area's economy could benefit a little. :rolleyes:

Is this the first snow/ice event of the year for you? Hope it went well, but seems a little late considering the last 2 years. Personally, I can wait a week or 2 here for the snow, but it looks like next week maybe time to go. :drinkup:

7. happydays

happydays Junior Member

Jomama there talking about another storm wednesday/thursday ,have you heard anything across the water like that.

8. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

plowing snow is almost like playing the lottery[ or better] somtimes you win ,somtimes you don't

9. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Wednesday maybe 2-4" here according to the weather guessers.

10. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

We're really going to want to watch that mid-week storm. There is alot of conflicting information out there right now, but it has monster set-up from the look of the jet. There is NO way they can forecast a complicated storm like that this far out... their are totals flying around from 2"-14" depending on where you look (and add 40-50 mph wind gusts).

Of course, we'll all believe it when we see it, but this definitely has good potential.

11. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Your trigger must of been 1/2 inch...lol

12. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

I was out the past 2 nights as well, most of the real snow fell just north of GR, thats were most of my accounts are, I would say there is 6-8"+ on the ground there. Its always hit or miss with the lake affect, all depends on which way the wind is blowin!

13. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

14. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Man, your gettin me all excited, hope it comes, but now if we dont get that much snow im going to be real let down.:)

15. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

lol....all depends on the track of the low pressure....if it tracks a little to the northwest, we will see more rain, they are saying that the lake effect behind the low should be pretty good as well!! I hope it plays out just right giving us a dumping!! just a waiting game now to see what it does :popcorn:

Dont forget we may see a few inches tomorrow night into Monday.

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You need to expand your horizons.

Allendale had 12+.

North side of GR had 8-10 I'd say.

8 officially at the airport.

17. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Hey Turf Commando,
    G gotta
    M mechanic
    C coming

to work on your

F fix
    O or
    R repair
    D daily
    ???

18. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

here in my neck of the woods we only got a dusting! I wish it would just hover over us and drop a ton of snow! lol Im ready to put my blade on and push sum snow!

19. coral

coral Senior Member

rockford/cedar springs was 8-10, north of 17 mile was 2 or less

20. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

Ha Ha i like that got 1 of both both make good plow trucks