1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan SNow???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by OffRoadPlow, Jan 31, 2003.

1. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Lake effect has been giving it to the west coat of MI, but it looks like more of MI is going to see the effect of this storm. Was moving only to the East, but now is moving a bit more North East, so the effects could be more than what was expected, or the wet stuff could just move up and give us the nasty part... With all of the Lake getting snow, I might just see about puttiing a plow on my boat:D Keep your fingers crossed MI, what have the totals been from the areas that have already received snow from this one? Just thought I would check..... **Let It Snow**

wethernow.jpg

2. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Total here is about 1 inch, of heavy wet stuff. I am in the lake effect region, about 10 minutes from Berrien County Michigan, right were Indiana and Michigan meet on the lake.

John

3. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Offroad just starting here kinda wondering about this one its late and dont really understand the pattern its either coming up from ill, ind and going east or were gonna get a nasty wrap around , and i can only image how wet it is and heavy has we have had even some freezing rain early Oh well just glad to see it snowing tuesday night weather man said flurries pushed a good healthy 4incher so guess were on out own

4. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

It snowed so hard this morning here in Muskegon, I though, ye ha a nice weekend plow (gotta love the weekend plows). We had about 1.5" Then just like someone shut off the faucet it stopped, got up to 37 deg and it all melted...........oh well good to see some others are getting some snow, this is my second night off in the last 11 days. I hear this next storm shows potential.:drinkup:

5. OffRoadPlow

Its going, going, almost gone,,,,, If we are lucky we might get to the 2" mark, but that would be only by luck, we just hit an inch about an hour ago, and its down to almost nothing... Roads are just wet more than anything, I might luck out with some of the non paved, but will not get my hopes up. Not even going to worry about it until 3, then might just go back to bed if there is not 2" or more.... Not worth it and I can take out the non paved in an hour so reset the alarm for 6, I have a heeling that will be what happens...... Good luck to all and what is the word with the next storm???? More info would rock..

6. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

We got about 3-4" up here. Setting the alarm. The next storm should be interesting. Not sure where that rain/snow line will be.

7. greenquestlawn

The local guy here said looks now like it will miss us to the south again, I dont remember the last time we had a "real" snowstorm here (not lake effect). Then again tuesday is a long way off, check on mon morning, they may know by then.

8. SCFALL

SCFALL Member

MI snow

We have around 2 inches of real wet stuff here and still comming down, temp at 30 degrees figure I better do the route early or it might melt. Scott

9. snowflake

snowflake Member

mich snows??????

just got a dusting here this morning than turned to rain in the afternnoon. but at least got some salt time early evening lots turned to ice and roads to where nastys. sounds like we got more cummin monday or tues hahahah right believe it when i see it but talk possible good acumulation after rain tuens to snow

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:
    gary

10. OffRoadPlow

1" is all she wrote.. Wet slushy and heavy. Already melting with it being almost 40 degrees here today, so I guess we will have to see what happens with the Monday storm... Looked really good comming down, but so do most things:D. Not giving up until spring, and even in Michigan you can't count on that being the end. I can remeber snow in May.... :D :D

11. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

I got lucky today here south of detroit. Relaxing Saturday, got just enough snow for a few of the residentials to plow, and a friend of mine just bought a new grizzzly with a plow. He did the route for me for fun. Oh well, how do you bill that? ha. I love it.
    I have heard of 6" possible for tuesday??? Some weatherguessers are saying 1-3, some saying 6. I hate that

12. OffRoadPlow

Thanks for the heads up, just got the alert.....

SNOW...OR A MIXTURE OF FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW...IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP LATE SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE INTO SUNDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW COULD BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES AND THE POSSIBILITY EXISTS FOR 6 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW BY MONDAY MORNING.

Not yelling, just copied it from the Weather alert..... :D

13. greenquestlawn

I saw that, well I have had a few days off and am ready to hit it again, I saw the south counties it may be mostly rain. 3" would be nice, with about three days of lake effect after that.:D

14. snowflake

snowflake Member

coooool sounds like we got a good one cummmin 11.00 weather said startin sunday afternoon with rain and turning to snow possible 6 to 8 my monday and possibilty more on tues. hope it does sick of all my drivers calllin and whinin waitin for more snow
    keep telllin them im goin to buy them some chezze and crackers to go with there whinn

:drinkup:

15. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Mich homies got about 2in of wet stuff saturday morning we did get a wrap around has the snow was white out at 4am so i to thought another fizzle but ill take it at this point, This next one looks like the one we got last march wet heavy freezzing rain snow everything mixed in between well iam glad we mich plowers have had something and i think our budds arcoss the pond wisc , min, ill , have gotton alittle so "have faith " still have at least another 8weeks left keep safe to all

God bless the familys of the columbia

16. greenquestlawn

Well it appears to be a flop. Thats alright, Artic cold for this week means some good lake effect.

17. OffRoadPlow

Missed us. Pushed north and did not even have a chance... Oh well. I could tell something was wrong when I looked outside at 5 this morning and nothing was even wet.... Oh well,,, I just we will see.

18. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

More snow on the way. Winter storm warning for most of the counties around here.