1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan plowing questions?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by darood01, Sep 3, 2009.

1. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

Thinking about getting a plow and doing my driveway and some neighbors properties.
    Wondering if there is a price per square foot to figure out a fee per push?
    Also if you do a seasonal contract, how many pushes do you expect per season?
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Cretebaby, there you go a seasonal contract question xysport
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Sorry I don't live in Michigan :rolleyes:
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

well if heres what i do for the small drive ways my minumum price is 25 dollars and for commercial lots it goes up.
    theres a couple things you can do ( lets say you have a 150 foot drive way and its 1 car-wide. you would want to charge a minimum of about 40 dollars and a maximum of about 65. you also need to consider a Trigger (amount of snow you will plow, for me its 1 inch because of commercial lots) but since you live in grand rapids you probaly dont know what its like to have only 1 inch (lake effect snow) so a minumum for you for a storm is 4 inches we'll say. so you could charge 40 dollars for 2-4 inches of snow and go up 50% or so for each addtional inch. also a good tip is plow with the storm.once you start you could say "that when i start plowing you only need to pay once per 24 hours" that means that if it snows one day and then the next, that next day storm does not count in ypour price. and measure the snow fall amount when the snow is done. if you want to make top dollar.

And if you start salting and good charge is about .30-.60 cents per pound spread. or you could do 25 bucks a bag.