1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan Plowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by moosey, Oct 8, 2003.

1. moosey

moosey Senior Member

Michigan guys, I have been in business for 3 years. And this year have decided to do plowing for my clients and maybe more. I'am not new to plowing. I have plowed for last 6 years for my uncle who has done some residentals and lots of commercial jobs.

What I want to know is basic prices on some of the driveways here in Michigan. I do all my work in Bloomfield Hills/Birmingham area. So if anybody else works near by or in those areas what is the average cost. I don't want to be too high or too low.

And if somebody has a simple contract that I can look at too get ideas. I have read my threads already and have gotten some good ideas on things.

Thanks

2. BIGWIV

BIGWIV Junior Member

Depending on length of the driveway. For an average length driveway found in tipical subdivision. $35.00 - $ 45.00 which includes shoveling walk and porch. 1 man 15 min. 2" of snow.

All my customers have been with me for over 10 - 15 yrs. we just have verbal contracts they know that I will get to them and I know that they will pay me. Hope this Helps:drinkup:

3. SCFALL

SCFALL Member

I am located 30 minutes south of Saginaw and an average length double wide residential was $15.00 - $20.00 last yr. going to go higher this year $25.00 min. and I don't get out of the truck. Hope this helps. Scott

4. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

SC is about right 15 to 25 is about all your gonna get for a resi one reason why i dont really like doing them we have 35 and the lowest one is 25 and the highest is 60 but it has taken 15yrs to weed and feed these.
    However your area of mich is much diff i know the detroit burbs well and theres way more money to be made in that area mid mich is a blue collar area you live in a combo area so iam sure you could do better down there just avoid taking the roll of JONHY LOWBALLER oops sorry he lives up here

5. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

yeah 20-25 bucks is good average,if circle we had on 10 bucks...

6. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

I work out of Farmington Hills

I plow from Canton To Bloomfield Hills.
    I charge 200.00 for the season, Includes front walk, and no additional charge for circle drive. this is a great way to get cutomers, You're already paid (no waiting for payments to come) and it really makes people happy. (No worries about bills coming, relief that they're set for the season.) It's over 2 inches, I plow. No limit on how many times I come out. Contract says within 8 hours of snowfall. Hope this helps

7. C&J Snow Plowin

C&J Snow Plowin Junior Member

Im in Upper Pennisula of Michigan

I wouls start at $25 to $35 and more like $45 for a drive with small parking lot. It's best to start high and come down a few bucks than to start low and try to raise your price. If your just starting out with this I would keep it to a per push instead of a season price, much easer on you and it builds a customer bond so to speak because you have to speak/deal with client and they get to know ya. It takes a long time to find good customers and seconds to loose them!!

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

My sister lives on Overlea Lane off Telegraph just past Quartin, dude that's the high rent district, lots of payup to be made, she has circular drive and pays 55.00 per push. The prices you charge I charge in my area, where your at I would get top dollar if possible.

9. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Last years price was 12.50 per visit and maybe less.

You need to raise your prices dude.

10. QualityKutz01

QualityKutz01 Junior Member

Plow Prices

I'm from Grand Rapids, MI and the average double wide driveway is going for around $240 right now. That doesn't include anythiny but plowing the driveway. Shoveling the sidewalk to the front door (approach), in front of the mailbox and if front of the garage is an extra $180 dollars for the season. Hope this helps a little bit.
    -Chris

11. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Around here, people (and I mean ALOT of people) do standard subdivision driveways for 20 bucks all night and day long. 25 with the walk and porch. There are just SO many people out there doing it. Especially here - with so many auto workers. They all make a quick buck while sitting on their fat rearends in their truck. You see more of these guys doing this than these guys doing the labor of mowing, I'll tell ya.

12. C&J Snow Plowin

Im in the Upper Penisula

Anybody in/on here from the U.P. ? I would like to get some guy's together up here to sit down over a hot cup of joe and discuse price/job's etc. I think if we were all on the same page and working together (so to speek) instead of cutting each others throats there might be some money to be made. We all compete for work of course, but we need to set agree on some standards. Hey ya just might make a freind or two, and start weeding out the dead beet scalpers out there. Just a thaught but a darn good one I wanted to share.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  13. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Wow

I'm up in Bay City I i don't get anything less than $25.00 for a driveway and thats a single car wide and one car lenght with walk any thing longer and wider is more. down wher your at you should get at least $45.00 and up, don't settle for less just to get the account trust me i've been plowing since 98' and have new people calling every year.

14. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

C&J I'm in esky, only an hour away but dont have a buisness. Just plow my dad's place he manages and my driveway and such.

15. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

Hey C&J,

Over in Bessemer (Gogebic County) here. I lived in Marquettte back in the 90s. I LOVED Marquette.

We're in different parts of the UP, but I just had a thought...

I'm going to email or IM you an idea...

GLen

16. LDA

LDA Member

DJ Contracting

Im in Bay City as well, first year plowing and i dont have a whole lot of work, if your ever in need of some extra help feel free to to aholda me, ill be looking to get as much experiance as i can.

Email me at lipjghs2002@yahoo.com and ill give you my cell number if you would like.

Thanks,
    Adam

17. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

LDA you can call me @ 686-1003

18. C&J Snow Plowin

Hey glens spot

I will be looking for the im or email, It mite be best to try and get me on the instent messanger under the screen name michellerbeard that would be YAHOO MESSANGER. this screen name is always on here at the house. This would be my wife's screen name so I will inform her of this possible Instent Message.

19. LDA

LDA Member

Who do I ask to talk with?

Thanks,

ADAM

20. C&J Snow Plowin

Hey Glenspot

Hey man is this Thanksgiving week storm (That's What Carl Say's) giving you anything to push in that neck of the woods yet? Marquette is just getting a few light dusting's. Last week week got any where from 6 to 8 in Marquette and 12 or more in Gwinn/Skandis area, but that crap was so wet and heavy it took a lot to move it. Any way have a nice Holiday.