1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan plowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJC, Sep 15, 2003.

1. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I have moved here from Maine 5 years ago. When I was in Maine I had over 100 accounts. From what I have heard plowers charge less here than they do in Maine. Could anyone give me quotes on what you charge for certain sizes of driveways? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

djc

DJC its kinda early for michigan plowers on here ill try to help with this you didnt say were at in mich but i will tell you that mich in whole does not get the money for plowing that some of the other plowsite members from the east coast gets in my view which you might not like i see a plow on so many dam trucks around here its become imposs to charge what a job is worth because when you do somebody else will be there to cut your throat with a underbid. I have give bids on many jobs over the years and it really kills me to have a buss owner say this guy will do it for x amount when i know the job is worth more, The best way i handle it is i do give a fair bid then i give the best service i can and then slowly bump the price over the next few years, hopefully your service will keep them in the flock.

average resi drive around here 20to25 dollars, thats why i stay 80% commerical goodluck

3. beherit316

beherit316 Banned

average resi drive around here 20to25 dollars, thats why i stay 80% commerical goodluck

Was just curious as to the size of the driveway you quoted this price on?

4. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

That sounds about right for the price.......the size......................... About 2-3 min.:D These are generally double drive, about oh maybe 3-5 car lengths long.

I like to keep about 6-7 hrs of commercial then fill in with drives. I do not give a set time for the drives to be done, They are last after all commercial.

5. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

Where in Mi.??????

6. Manx

Manx Senior Member

there are flyers that I've seen
    for a 100 bucks or so they will plow the whole season

there's always going to be a cheap guy

7. maple city lawn care

maple city lawn care Junior Member

I'm about 15 minutes from New Buffalo, MI. Those prices are about right.

8. SCFALL

SCFALL Member

That sounds about right, $15.00 - $25.00 for residential and we try to figure around $75.00 / hr for commercial but we are going to raise our commercial this year due to fuel prices. Scott

9. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

If you live in (or near) a dutch town like i do, the common price is around $12. to $15. range for a subdivision or city drive and around $18. to $20. for more out of the way country drives. For my commercial accounts i estimate how long a job will take and then bid around $40. hr by whatever estimate is. Most of my lots are no less than $35. :rolleyes:

10. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Clare Co

11. DJC

DJC Senior Member

does anyone have a minimum amout for commercial accounts??? sounds like people would rather do them over residential's. 90% of mine was home owner, 10% was commercial. Any info???

12. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

thats a good idea, i think i will try that, but say $200 - $300 for whole season. thats a real good idea and will work good as long as ya bump up the price

13. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

when are you guys going to start putting out quotes for this coming winter?

14. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Remmers
    I already am quoting new work. Had a doctor sign a contact 4 weeks ago for plowing and salting. Now I am trying to get some work in that area of Woodward ave. Things look good right now,will need a bigger spreader if I pickup a couple more jobs like the Doctors office.

Regards Mike

15. snoking

snoking Senior Member

First..Mike if you need a spreader I have two stainless steele spreaders, holdes 9 tons not mint but i would slap one on a truck in a heart beat......

we used ti have 350 or so drives, we charged only by the season and anywhere from 325-600 per year per drive....no shoveling....just sold the last of them because the commercial side is getting to big to handle the res....

16. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Erick
    I'm headed out of town for three weeks,but when I get back I will get ahold of you and talk about those spreaders. Please email me flykelley930@aol.com with info,type price condition etc.

Regards Mike

17. C&J Snow Plowin

C&J Snow Plowin Junior Member

I believe im going to take a look at maybe staying strickly to residenail seasonal rates and drop the the per push res. crap to much head ache. $300 to $600 a season sounds about right but sand/salt and side walks extra.
    I have also started bidding jobs for the coming season so it's time to get started.

18. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I have everything lined up. anyone new who calls is getting a 35% increase. Now I need to find 2 more trucks for this season if i keep getting calls like I have. Plus I want to sub one truck out.