1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan PLow Insurance?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by darood01, Sep 15, 2009.

1. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

Just curious what people are paying for plow auto insurance with a 1 million dollar cover.
    Thanks

2. f8lkx450

f8lkx450 Junior Member

I am curious also.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

All of it.

Why bother with insurance if one is plowing for beer money under the table?

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I am paying $1600 per year for one truck with 1 million General Liability.

5. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

quoted $1700 for commercial truck ins. (1-truck) and another $1000 for 2 mill liability

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

2800 a year:
    gives you workmans comp
    1 million liability in case you realy eff up.
    but with me my plow is covered under my truck

7. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

Give Greg Hoezee at Willis HRH a call. He likes doing insurance for new business guys. You will know the rate then. 616-464-2734. Tell him Tim Johnson told you he would give you a discount.

8. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

That would be $133 per month?

what truck year is?

9. f8lkx450

f8lkx450 Junior Member

Thanks I appreciate it.

10. standenc

standenc Junior Member

I have a 2004 superduty i pay $1300 a year truck 1mill liability. $1000 for general lia poilicy.

11. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

I was quoted about $1,200/year for a half-million liability.

Small operation. If you don't know this already; most insurance with things like this are based on payroll. The more money you make, the more people you have working, the higher the chance of something going wrong. Therefor, you'll pay more for insurance with the same liability, if you're pulling in $100,000 per year as opposed to the guy pulling in $10,000 a year,.

12. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

if you dont want to carry a seperate liability with a million dollar covarage, policy you can bump your trucks auto policy to 1 mil. and its only about 70 bucks every 6 months. your trucks auto incurance will cover you. call state farm and ask.

13. Bugs

Bugs Junior Member

Truck liability is not General Liability

I believe the last post is wrong. My understanding is if you bump up your truck liability insurance to 1 million dollars, that insurance will not cover the slip and fall event that happens 24 hours later. Truck liablity is only if you cause injury/damage with your truck.

14. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

that is correct. i'm talking about plowing. if you hit a building or something. auto insurance will not cover slip and fall.

15. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

I have a million dollars general liability and I called state farm and they bumped up my auto insurance to 1 million coverage with snow removal stated on the terms. This will cover me on everything including slip and falls right.