1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan loaders

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Doug8949, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

I know Michigan 175b is an older loader but I am in need of a loader. For a few 11 acre lots. How are they this one has a 5yd bucket is in very nice shap and 10,000 it has the cummins diesel. Please give some feed back I wish I could afford a nice cat or Deere but can't.

2. empiresnow

empiresnow Junior Member

I have 2 Michigan 75c loaders one Detroit and one cummins. they are not built as tough as the other names mentioned but if they are well taken care of they are good for snow removal. mine are both close to 10,000 hours and still plowing each season. sometimes it takes a little longer to get parts that would be my only concern. good luck

3. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

A 175B is big loader and old. I'd be scared with 10,000 hours on an older loader, not to mention a loader that is no longer in production. I think that was before Volvo bought them so you may not be able to get parts.