1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan City Ind.Paralyzed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim Baden, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Tim Baden

Tim Baden Member

on sunday with 2 feet plus.They were under a state of emergency with I-94 & toll Rd closed to name a a couple.Was 3-5 foot drifts on I-94.
    Talk about some lucky people.
    When I live in n/w lower michigan I remember going through a few of those state of emergencey things and it was just awesome.
    The hardest I have seen it snow was 4.5 inches in one hour.Remember watching weather channel a couple years ago and saying 6-7 inches per hour.
    Wish would get that over here in michigan.
    Have a great day and wish for heavy snow.

2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

dang thats awsome. I wish we would get snow over here. We havent even seen over an inch yet!!!!! usually there has been 10" or more of snow, but none yet :(

3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Only 45 or so miles from me and we just barely got a dusting. I saw the national guard was dispatched to help on snowmobiles. Are any of you in the area heading out there to try and pick up work.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  4. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

where in michigan do you live? I've already pushed in Detroit area and salted half dozen times..

5. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Grosse Pointe, its only accumlateed like an inch if that much, but yeah, people have been salting, but only commercial lots. But literaly, I dont think anyone has plowed around here yet this season, atleast the people ive talked to havent. It sucks, I WANT SNOW!

6. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn Senior Member

This is my 1rst post. I live in michigan city and drove in on I-94 in the worst of it too. Very ugly

I have pics and a vid of me busting my driveway open. But ive been plowing for hours i need some power sleep.

7. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

We have close to 14" here. Just finished up cleaning the windrows left by the city plows. I heard rumors of another snow event possibly Thursday. Well have to wait and see.

8. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

The weather channel is running a scroll about a winter storm possibly here on Wednesday into Thursday. That is in Columbus, Ohio they are saying the storm is going to develope in the mississipi valley. The forecasted track is saying it will come right up I-71. West of that heavy snow and to the east a wintry mix. I want the snow. I live 2 miles to the west of I-71 hope we get the snow.

9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Yeh the weather guessers are saying a major blizzard possible somewhere in the midwest around Wednesday. I'll believe it when I see it.

10. streetsurfin'

Welcome to Plowsite 2Djinn!

11. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

There was close to 30 in. in Michigan City, and they did shut the town down. National Guard was not dispatched, just called out all of the 4X4's for emergency calls. Lots of slide offs, no major accidents. I plowed one drs. office for 11 hours during the storm, and needed a pay loader to help with the lot. There has been east on plower from the East Chicago area that came into town today, scamming people left and right. I was out for a total of 20 hours during the storm, and went back out for a couple of hours of clean up today. Hopefully we will get some more, I need to pay for my new transmission.

John

12. streetsurfin'

Sorry if I mis stated about the guard. Maybe that was just to help clear up 94 or something. I know they were mentioned in the newscast I saw, but I got the details wrong I guess.
    Get some rest John.

13. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

all of you indy people im very jealous this is my first year actually having some mney making accounts with the help of my landscaping busisness i landed som,e great contract street suffin where in illinois is ar eyou located

14. streetsurfin'

Hey ptl, you know me from another forum, different user name, we've talked on the phone but not met yet. Hope your plowing goes well as soon as we get some snow. I'm up toward the other end of 53. HB

15. Terra-Care

Terra-Care Junior Member

clean cut, we saw you getting your blizzard at Stone the day you pulled out of there with it. We were the two younger guys messing around with that demo 810. Had one put on our new chevy 3500. See you driving around sometimes in valpo. Cool to see you here too

Todd

16. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I remember you guys, nice to be able to place a face with a name. How do you like the 810? I have the 760lt and so far so good. I remember seeing you guys at the Riggs open house at the fairgrounds. My friend and I demoed the 60" Dixie after you guys were playing around on it. Keep in touch, hopefully this will be a productive winter!!

John

17. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

i am 45 min away and only got about 2 inches, but then the town about 15 mins away picked up 8"...that damn lake effect was just a skinny band blowing straight down off the lake.....i was drooling the whole time watching it on the news...lus more lakeeffect and system snow coming 1ft+

18. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

street surfin good to hear from you hope all is well

19. Terra-Care

Terra-Care Junior Member

Ed loved that dixie. He's never seen so much black smoke pour out of a mower. If they still have it next spring we're buying it when we get a new HP.

Todd