1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Michigan Cat Rental??? Loader prices???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow man Foster, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys i was just wondering What the going price was for Wheel loaders For the winter season..... What do you guys pay??
    Also im looking to rent from Mich. Cat Havent had a chance to call them yet... How much do they charge??
  2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Many variables. Best bet is to check some of the smaller family owned companies that sell equipment. There prices are usually better
  3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I second Viper. I called around to a few smaller, family owned rental companies and am getting equipment for half price over what I paid the Cat rental house last year.

The owner said he was just happy to have equipment out during the winter. Not to mention, he has a couple brand new machines set aside for us. He said the plastic was still on the seats!
  4. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Last time I rented a loader case was alot cheaper than cat and just as nice.
  5. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

You had time to make this Post......But, No time to call Michigan Cat......:confused:
  6. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Ohio cat wanted 12k for the winter for a 930 something but was already renting everything they have available. You might be too late...
  7. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I made that post at like 10PM!!!!! If you know A CAT sales rep that will answer their phone to chat about rental at that time i Will GLADLY accept their number From you!

Well while it was on my mind i had a chance to call them and they said it would cost about 4k a month -30% if you guarantee for at least 4 months. Which can easily be done. Not too late he said even if they dont have one at the location that i want to pick it up at, they can have one by latest the next day. If its an emergency they can just give me a brand new one off the floor.

10% for insurance unless i insure it myself which i would prob. do.
    what do you guys do?