1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Michelin tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tim975, Oct 21, 2002.

1. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Hello everyone! This is my first post here with Plowsite so bear with me. I started my own plowing business 6 years ago, but I've been plowing for 7 years now with 1/2 ton Chevy trucks and Western Plows. I bought a new 2001 Chevy 2500HD with the Duramax/Allison. I'm going to get the plow mount this Friday actually. My question is, does anyone here plow with Michelin LTX tires, and if so, how well do they perform in the snow? I'm seriously considering Michelin LTX A/T tires; I've always ran the BFG All Terrain T/A's and they have performed excellent for plowing on a 1/2 ton. I have the OEM Firestone's on the truck now, and want to get rid of them (can't stand them). I need the load range E tire though. Would you consider the LTX A/T or the LTX M/S? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tim Hager
    Tim's Snow Plowing
    2001 Chevy 2500HD LS Reg Cab LB Duramax/Allison
    7 1/2 Western Pro Plow

2. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I plowed with the LTX and liked them.... I tried bridgestone at's tires the next time around and did not like them as well.