1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mice in ice melt pile

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by somervillesnow, Oct 23, 2012.

1. somervillesnow

somervillesnow Junior Member

I am going to buy ice melt by the yard and store a couple yards outdoors in a tarp with walls and covered by another tarp) on my property. Will mice want to burrow in that ice melt?

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Only if you leave bottles of Tequila opened next to it. :laughing:

I have never heard of a mouse problem with salt piles myself.
  3. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

Had a frog problem once. Shop used to be beside a swamp and we would find dozens of frog carcasses along the edge of the salt pile. Things would be mummified as the salt would dry em right out.

Never heard of mice tho.
  4. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

They would look like Christmas tree ornaments and if the tail curls enough...you wouldn't need any hooks.
  5. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

they would only provide additional traction as they flew out the back of the sander....
  6. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

Salt = Death...lol, so prolly not
  7. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I had mice in my salt bin. It was next to a field so maybe that was part of the problem. They burroughed into it just like it was dirt.
  8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Breaking up last years remaining salt in our bin, I came across this guy....There was only one, he seemed pretty happy until a big chunk fell on him, and then he got rolled over by the skidsteer.

9. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

True Plowsite member dedication. Stop the skidsteer and take a picture of a mouse on the salt pile. :laughing:
  10. Longae29

The funny thing was, as I was working my way to the back of the pile I was thinking will there be a mouse? Thinking specifically of this thread I knew I needed a pic. Doesn't say plowsite.Com addict under my name for nothing......I hate mice so if I hadn't been in the skidsteer I would have been long gone.
  11. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I wish I could stab the guy who started this thread in the throat and get away with it.
  12. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

lol. .. ome don't have much sense to them i guess.
  13. Longae29

Bump for "how do you really feel"